Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

6th March 745

Think the early kick off might put a few folk off. The pie shop will be selling bacon rolls and coffee.

Given the current travel situation it seems irresponsible to ask the good folks of Kirkcaldy to risk life and limb to make their way to and more importantly get their way home from Forfar in sub zero conditions.

Remember it is only a game. Let's play it in April. 

You might get no points and pick up a few injuries but that's the chance the club takes trying to avoid Davidsons suspenion against Ayr.

Davo’s not the only suspension. McKay can come in for him no problem, as he’s been brilliant all season as well.

Robertson lasted 13 minutes last week after being subbed off injured which is already going to dent our chances next Saturday. John Herron is also suspended in our next game. That would leave us one fit senior CM in Ross Matthews. Getting the game on, on Tuesday would mean Herron would be back for the Ayr game next Saturday. 2 key areas of the pitch in which we can’t really afford to weaken ourselves in for the biggest game of the season.

Now the thaw is on i’m assuming there’s no danger of a waterlogged pitch putting this game off?

I see Ayr are at Albion Rovers on Tuesday. That game must have a chance of being called off given the state of Rovers pitch.

Who do we expect to be playing on Tuesday? Centre midfield of Vaughan and Matthews? McKay in for Davo?

Will we manage to get the 3 points?

Forecast is a combination of heavy snow and rain right up until kick off. Probably the right call.

Happy enough with that. Was a real danger of going to Ayr 4 or 5 points ahead with two more games played which would have put a lot of pressure on the game. As it stands, worst case will probably be leaving Somerset Park a point ahead with a game more played which wouldn't be terminal, especially with some midweek fixtures now in the mix.

4 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Why does it have to be called off so early? Could it not have been left until tomorrow morning to make a decision?

Depends on the state if the pitch. If its not playable now it won't be tommorow.

Forecast is a combination of heavy snow and rain right up until kick off. Probably the right call.

Happy enough with that. Was a real danger of going to Ayr 4 or 5 points ahead with two more games played which would have put a lot of pressure on the game. As it stands, worst case will probably be leaving Somerset Park a point ahead with a game more played which wouldn't be terminal, especially with some midweek fixtures now in the mix.

Davo & Herron now suspended for the Ayr game, it’s a disaster this game isn’t going ahead in my opinion. I just hope Robertson is fit and Matthews can play in the middle alongside him. Vaughan must start further up the park.

Joke of a decision. Still 32 hours before KO.
According to the website, 4-5 inches of snow on some parts of the pitch and given it's been snowing in Dundee I would think it won't be any warmer at 250 odd feet higher.

25 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Davo & Herron now suspended for the Ayr game, it’s a disaster this game isn’t going ahead in my opinion. I just hope Robertson is fit and Matthews can play in the middle alongside him. Vaughan must start further up the park.

I would agree if it wasn’t Ayr we were playing this weekend.  On current form we could easily have lost or drawn tomorrow, putting an absolute heap of pressure on ourselves tomorrow.

Even if Herron was available, I would imagine Smith would have lined up similar to Albion Rovers game – so we would have probably seen Vaughan in midfield anyway on Saturday.        

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Have you seen the local Forfar forecast for the next 24 hours.

As WSDR 88 says -

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

?

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

You forget my friend that unlike Kirkcaldy we are not a Coastal Resort warmed  by the thermals from the North Sea. When it snows in Forfar it SNOWS.  The pitch is probably the least of our worries. There are the terraces, the carpark, the approach roads etc. etc.

And all for what? 15 die hards  from 'Raith' turning up on the night.

Sensible decision. Anyway it's always handy to have a game in hand.

You forget my friend that unlike Kirkcaldy we are not a Coastal Resort warmed  by the thermals from the North Sea. When it snows in Forfar it SNOWS.  The pitch is probably the least of our worries. There are the terraces, the carpark, the approach roads etc. etc.
And all for what? 15 die hards  from 'Raith' turning up on the night.
Sensible decision. Anyway it's always handy to have a game in hand.

15 is a bit optimistic tbh

On 05/03/2018 at 13:05, Loonytoons said:
On 05/03/2018 at 12:20, Enigma said:

According to the website, 4-5 inches of snow on some parts of the pitch and given it's been snowing in Dundee I would think it won't be any warmer at 250 odd feet higher.

Archived