Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, monthelie' said:

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

On the bright side, when we eventually hit rock bottom, we might get a league fixture with you.

Eventually?? You have fluttered with relegation the past 2/3 seasons,and the only thing saving you from coming down this season is the restructuring of the leagues. You have a dwindling support and a town,for the size of it,that shows no interest in the local team. The only thing going well for arthurlie right now is your 21's team,which its worth pointing out is ran by a neilston resident. 

49 minutes ago, lookinforgoals said:

Eventually?? You have fluttered with relegation the past 2/3 seasons,and the only thing saving you from coming down this season is the restructuring of the leagues. You have a dwindling support and a town,for the size of it,that shows no interest in the local team. The only thing going well for arthurlie right now is your 21's team,which its worth pointing out is ran by a neilston resident. 

And this seems to bother you for some unfathomable reason!

ps. check your facts, relegation is still possible from our league.

8 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Through the play offs,no automatic relegation.... Fact

You really should learn to read, I never mentioned 'automatic' relegation.

You are giving the impression of someone bearing a personal grudge, or, is there another reason for being on, what appears to be, an anti-Arthurlie crusade?

13 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Yes, eventually, as unfortunately I think there's worse to come.  (Still a few seasons until we meet though)

You really think we will be saved from relegation because of league restructuring ? Here's me thinking you were anti-Arthurlie.

The rest is hardly news, and your last point was one which I'm guessing only you thought was worth pointing out.

A shame to see what’s going on at Arthurlie it really is, all wrong on and off the pitch. My mate was asked down a few months back and attended one session and never went back and had since signed elsewhere. Said it was very disorganised and the manager wasn’t even there, when approaching coaching staff they didn’t even know who he was yet the manager was in contact numerous times to get him down.... communication is obviously a big problem throughout the club.

Said he felt like he was looked down on as he came from a side in the lower leagues. Arthurlie can’t afford to have this attitude towards players when there losing to sides in lower divisions! The fact only one player attended the fund raiser backs up his statement and attitude throughout the club right now. Real shame to see this club fall from grace.

3 hours ago, AB1975 said:

A shame to see what’s going on at Arthurlie it really is, all wrong on and off the pitch. My mate was asked down a few months back and attended one session and never went back and had since signed elsewhere. Said it was very disorganised and the manager wasn’t even there, when approaching coaching staff they didn’t even know who he was.... communication is obviously a big problem throughout the club.

Said he felt like he was looked down on as he came from a side in the lower side. Arthurlie can’t afford to have this attitude towards players when there losing to sides in lower divisions! The fact only one player attended the fund raiser backs up his statement and attitude throughout the club right now. Real shame to see this club fall from grace.

If thats true its an absolute disgrace.  They cant afford to have that attitude even if they were humping teams from lower divisions.  

21 minutes ago, Satori. said:

If thats true its an absolute disgrace.  They cant afford to have that attitude even if they were humping teams from lower divisions.  

It can’t be true cause nothing’s true without concrete evidence that was basically reply others got when commenting on other topics 

true story 

20 hours ago, Hunter6 said:

Mackie ripped a decent team apart. The place is as bad as i can ever remember.. however we have actually signed worse players since he (Mackie)  left.. totally shambolic

Again I need to ask you the same question ..the team I took over had won one game in eleven and previous to me joining the club they had been fighting relegation on and off for years.  This I ripped up a good team is a myth and an easy way out.  

If I'm honest there where 3 players if looking back I would have kept.  Ryan McGregor, Jordan Leyden and Ryan deas.  If you genuinely look at the defenders I had at the club pretty much the same as the season before and in my opinion daly McKenzie and Lennon had more to offer than Carroll, Smith and mctearnan. Carroll had major injury problems and the chance to sign McKenzie came up so I done it. Daly in my opinion at this point has more to offer than  Smith who could only train every two weeks and came off a season where he had scored 6 goals.  Anyone who saw Lennon under myself can't disagree with the fact he started the season in great form.  

This is only my opinion and if you ask anyone of the committee I think they would agree if we had stayed together and kept the squad the club wouldn't be in this position.  I left almost 7 months ago the club had 6 points in the league ...7 months later they are out every cup and have picked up one point in the league in 7 months.  Guys come on start looking closer to home... I also would like to think I'm an honest guy if anyone wants to ask me the ins and out of any the departures I'm quite happy to explain or any sign on fees etc... I have nothing to hide I will answer 

10 minutes ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

Again I need to ask you the same question ..the team I took over had won one game in eleven and previous to me joining the club they had been fighting relegation on and off for years.  This I ripped up a good team is a myth and an easy way out.  

If I'm honest there where 3 players if looking back I would have kept.  Ryan McGregor, Jordan Leyden and Ryan deas.  If you genuinely look at the defenders I had at the club pretty much the same as the season before and in my opinion daly McKenzie and Lennon had more to offer than Carroll, Smith and mctearnan. Carroll had major injury problems and the chance to sign McKenzie came up so I done it. Daly in my opinion at this point has more to offer than  Smith who could only train every two weeks and came off a season where he had scored 6 goals.  Anyone who saw Lennon under myself can't disagree with the fact he started the season in great form.  

This is only my opinion and if you ask anyone of the committee I think they would agree if we had stayed together and kept the squad the club wouldn't be in this position.  I left almost 7 months ago the club had 6 points in the league ...7 months later they are out every cup and have picked up one point in the league in 7 months.  Guys come on start looking closer to home... I also would like to think I'm an honest guy if anyone wants to ask me the ins and out of any the departures I'm quite happy to explain or any sign on fees etc... I have nothing to hide I will answer 

Can I also add Ryan deas was offered a very good contract to stay and he chose to go elsewhere... Ryan McGregor had asked the club to leave in January by submitting a tranfer request to go to pollock for much more money and a terrific signing on fee and the club stood to lose the player for free in the summer.  I in turn convinced Ryan to sign a two year contract which in turn allowed the club to get good money for him

...If I'm honest there where 3 players if looking back I would have kept.  Ryan McGregor, Jordan Leyden and Ryan deas....

...Smith who could only train every two weeks...

We were delighted you made those decisions, Jordan Leyden and Gary Smith have been great signings for us. Smith still only trains with the team every other week due to work, but that hasn't stopped him scoring 19 goals so far this season in only 14 starts + 6 sub appearances. Oh yeh, and 5 in a friendly v Arthurlie.

Archived