Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Maybe that sums it up pretty well.   

They must have a magic money tree to be able to pay Xmas bonuses then. 

As I said earlier I havent heard anything about this but on another track there has been no mention of cash in the alleged bonuses, could if have been a big selection box for 100% training attendance, a small one for average attendance and a load of those purple things you always have at the bottom of a box of Quality Street for the non attenders?

Don't know the ins and outs but talk of crazy Xmas bonus payments to an under performing team and more money going out than is coming in,it's no surprise that a lot of players are being put up for sale. Most clubs struggle financially at this time of year with lack of games etc but when a new manager comes in you would expect a few new players to arrive to enhance his team. Not really happened!!

I would be flabbergasted if there was an Xmas bonus at the club.

As for comings and going’s, there has been more in than away since the new manager arrived, most of these have been in the last month. The squad was short to begin with the loss of Spence also factored in.

Out.

Lennon
Wyper
Watson
Graham
Weir

In.

Bohme
McBride
Holms
Scanlon
Blakey
Burns
O’Halloran

Dnt no the extent of it but the Xmas bonus rumour came straight from committee member

hearing there fundraiser now cancelled in neilston due to “weather” 

neilston is in full flow with pubs being open etc and all them being mobbed  and roads from Barrhead to neilston all clear 

10 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Dnt no the extent of it but the Xmas bonus rumour came straight from committee member

neilston is in full flow with pubs being open etc and all them being mobbed  and roads from Barrhead to neilston all clear 

We don't want to boost the local economy basically.... haha Arthurlie actually used to hold a lot of functions at the Glen Halls in the 60's and 70's, (no I wasnt there) but that was before the social club was built.

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

Name and shame mate. No committee member should be blabbing to rival teams.  Don't really expect you to but thought i would ask , just to see if ite a wee bit of mischief making. 

3 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

Not a hope in hell is there Xmas bonuses mate believe me.

I understand that mate. I was just trying to find out which committee member was supposedly shooting his mouth off or if It was just mischief making.  I know which i would believe.  

I understand that mate. I was just trying to find out which committee member was supposedly shooting his mouth off or if It was just mischief making.  I know which i would believe.  

You have a idea who was shouting their mouth off? I personally don’t think the conversation took place to be honest and if it did it’s been done out of humour cause no way would Xmas bonuses be handed out.

5 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Thank you combine harvester.  Seems I'm not the only one who has heard about Xmas bonus payments.  Maybe some light could be shed on it . Would explained the fire sale thread we are all posting in

It’s nice to know that we are still a topic of discussion up the road. If it’s true what you have been told then I will br very surprised, but i have been surprised before.

I’m always surprised how many mysterious committee members from various clubs will spout things to fans of other clubs. Maybe the cynic in me but I doubt this is true.

So why do you think the night is off combine? Maybe you can phone your mole in the committee and enlighten us?

As has already been stated in this thread, for every player that has left recently, another player has joined so Arthurlie can't be struggling that much. People really love a bit of gossip don't they? 

1 hour ago, stuart87 said:

As has already been stated in this thread, for every player that has left recently, another player has joined so Arthurlie can't be struggling that much. People really love a bit of gossip don't they? 

league position and general harmony within the club might tell a different story! 

Arthurlie a club run by nuggets for nuggets. If their committee had given more to the team rather than themselves over the last 15 years they wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in! They've ruined a once  giant of our great game and what a shame for junior football!

Archived