McDonald 

What id like -

Mehmet 

Ballantyne Durnan Scobbie Robson  (meh)

King   Gillespie   Stanton   Smith

McMullan  Mikkelson

Or swap McMullan and Smith

Get the ball wide and into the box.

He will shoehorn Mikkelsen into the team as he needs to vindicate himself.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He will shoehorn Mikkelsen into the team as he needs to vindicate himself.

Mikkelsen is a classic example of why we are in this fucking mess......

Useless c**t......*

*feel fucking free to prove me wrong Phil.

Mikkelson looked like an absolutely diddy last season, I was very surprised he got a move up a level.  Not as surprised as when I read that United actually wanted him back!

This game looks like being the classic "when a stoppable force meets a moveable object".  I wouldn't be surprised to see a third draw on the bounce.  It really is last chance saloon for us if we want to get into that last playoff spot.  Realistically though, none of our supporters believe this will happen, and judging by Saturday's lethargic showing neither do the players.

Leighfield

Mercer Fordyce Brownlie Marshall

Dykes Jacobs Thomson Thomas

Dobbie

Fergusson

9 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Mikkelson was better last year with Murray next to him doing all the running. That's why Shabba should be playing Mcmullan next to him or even Matty Smith.

Mikkelsen is awful but he’s far less awful as part of a two.  The fact that Lazlo cannot see this is shockingly disheartening in.

Like you my preference would be McMullan partnering him, but, as you say, we have options.

Personally I’d prefer McDonald and McMullan as the front two despite it giving us no height up front.

Fordyce commenting in the papers on this game after the Pars game.  "We will go there to try and frustrate them and hopefully get a few chances to score."  That doesn't sound to me like we are going to approach this game with a positive attacking mentality.  I doubt if Livi or Morton would adopt this slightly negative attitude and it doesn't exactly get the fans hopes up of a worthwhile trip up the road.  It kinda confirms suspicions that some have that  Naysmith approaches games with a try not to lose mentality. Fair enough treat the opposition with respect but that doesn't mean you should let them dictate the game. 

22 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Would be amazed if Queens came away with a win .

We have no goals in the team mark Dobbie tight then that is us .

Queens are the perfect team for Untied to play to get going again .

Going to finish yet again another poor season for Queens 

We went up there and comfortably spanked them 3-0 and should've been more no to long ago, Dundee Utd are on a downward spiral they are dross! you could easily get something from this game

16 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

We went up there and comfortably spanked them 3-0 and should've been more no to long ago, Dundee Utd are on a downward spiral they are dross! you could easily get something from this game

Can't see Naysmith trying to take this game by the scruff of the neck,  more like try and keep it tight and hopefully nick something on the counter.  He doesn't seem to have much faith in his players' ability to press teams away from home from the start.  Falkirk (1st game)  and Pars are probably exceptions but they were both dross on the day. 

Fordyce commenting in the papers on this game after the Pars game.  "We will go there to try and frustrate them and hopefully get a few chances to score."  That doesn't sound to me like we are going to approach this game with a positive attacking mentality.  I doubt if Livi or Morton would adopt this slightly negative attitude and it doesn't exactly get the fans hopes up of a worthwhile trip up the road.  It kinda confirms suspicions that some have that  Naysmith approaches games with a try not to lose mentality. Fair enough treat the opposition with respect but that doesn't mean you should let them dictate the game. 

I have got to say this type of negative approach drives me nuts. Not only does the Manager see the game this way but our key players also seem to view Dundee Utd as a "bonus game" - soak up the pressure against superior forces and we might get lucky with a breakaway or a set piece???

I know this is stating the fucking obvious, but we really, really, really need a win here to stop the rot.

Agreed that this may just paper over the cracks, but we need to get these Shitehawks (I will continue to call them Shitehawks until they earn the right not to be called Shitehawks), realising that is is actually possible to win a football match, and that they should be doing so more often.

If Csaba can learn from his mistakes (big if) and we can start winning games again, then we should make the playoffs and we’ll see what happens then.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Mikkelsen is awful but he’s far less awful as part of a two.  The fact that Lazlo cannot see this is shockingly disheartening in.

Like you my preference would be McMullan partnering him, but, as you say, we have options.

Personally I’d prefer McDonald and McMullan as the front two despite it giving us no height up front.

Even If we went with Mcmullan and Mcdonald, there's no height but there's pace from Mcmullan and the defender's would know Mcdonald was lurking about.

It pisses you off big time we can see this but these qualified Uefa coaches can't.

Leighfield

Thomas Jacobs Thomson Beerman

Dobbie Fergusson

Dobbie can't play up front alone. We've yet to see any proof to the contrary but I expect it won't be the last time we'll see him there himself. Fergusson hasn't featured much but to me has made a positive impact. I've not seen Dykes do anything Fergusson hasn't. He doesn't get many shots away but neither does Dykes. I think Fergusson looks more comfortable on the ball as well and doesn't want rid of it quickly. Beerman hasn't done much to warrant being dropped. I'd opt for him over Dykes but if Dykes has (will) to feature I hope it's LM. Rankin being dropped would be beautiful but I doubt it'll happen.

Sounds like it'll be a negative approach going by Fordyce's comments. Fair play to anyone going all the way up there especially after that rubbish on Saturday.

Dykes has to play otherwise we won’t know what to do with goalkicks. 

Think this will be one of those play one up front and lump it in his general direction kind of games. Hopefully it snows from now until May and they just say the season ended on Saturday.

9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Mikkelson looked like an absolutely diddy last season, I was very surprised he got a move up a level.  Not as surprised as when I read that United actually wanted him back!

This game looks like being the classic "when a stoppable force meets a moveable object".  I wouldn't be surprised to see a third draw on the bounce.  It really is last chance saloon for us if we want to get into that last playoff spot.  Realistically though, none of our supporters believe this will happen, and judging by Saturday's lethargic showing neither do the players.

Leighfield

Dykes Jacobs Thomson Thomas

Dobbie

Fergusson

Of the line ups offered so far this is my favourite. Dobbs playing off fergusson and trying to keep ball on the deck is more likely to happen. From the highlights/game I seen I like fergusson. Hold up and link play seems good and he gets round the park. I am assuming he was dropped because of three games in a week and gaffer is rotating the squad. 

Of the line ups offered so far this is my favourite. Dobbs playing off fergusson and trying to keep ball on the deck is more likely to happen. From the highlights/game I seen I like fergusson. Hold up and link play seems good and he gets round the park. I am assuming he was dropped because of three games in a week and gaffer is rotating the squad. 

Not sure if I would buy that reason. Fergusson will likely be one of the fittest given his age. The older ones weren't rotated so I can't think why the boy was dropped.

Archived