Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic

I would think any changes would be more to do with getting creative guys onto the pitch, we lacked ideas on Saturday and that will be dealt with by Brechin who I'd expect to be set up to defend.

Would like to see

Gill (I still have absolutely no confidence in Robinson )

Williamson m'voto Ashcroft Talbot

Beadling

Higgy Craigen cardle

Clark McManus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2018 at 16:40, Randy Giles said:

Absolutely nobody is for the taking against that mob.

18 hours ago, virginton said:

Why on earth would a Morton fan hold a 'grudge' against a clowncar outfit fully 37 points behind them in the table after just two-thirds of the season played? Your team is simply pish and you're an absolute moron; deal with it. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

5 hours ago, Cowshed said:

No they wont cause they are absolutely gash, however if it does happen then the team that gets beat should definitely take a diving header right in tae the sea :thumsup2 

1OQ6ZPU.thumb.jpg.b624ea3159e2585d86323067d8d61f91.jpg

A few stats....

• 6 points from our last 6 games
• haven’t managed to win from a losing position all season
• haven’t won an away game against full time opposition since Queens away last game of last season
• since Paul Hartley was appointed Falkirk manager (October 4th) we are the third worst team in the league based on points attained - 19 points, only better than Brechin and Dumbarton who have 2 and 12 respectively.

It’ll come across that I’m being an absolute pessimist at the moment but there’s not much to be pleased with except we are tighter at the back these days, but we’re in turn not scoring goals anymore.

Mon the Pars, I’ll be at Brechin anyway!

Johnson has basically just said f**k it we are not getting relegated and shitfested it.

Awful football and zero guile despite having some excellent players. One thing I enjoyed under him was the wide play, it's what got us to the top of the league. We are now scared to take risks, as seen at Livvy. He's out of his depth unfortunately.

Not a fan of three strikers when none of them can play wide. If you’re paying attention AJ, if you want to stick to a sort of 4-3-3 play Clark or McManus (only joking - play Clark) with Cardle and Higgy (or Aird - a wide player anyway) as a front three. The three strikers thing just leads to long balls and no creativity. One up front but in an attacking lineup with more creativity and an extra player in the middle. Not conceding is great but not scoring catches up with you eventually. 

With two home games in quick succession after this a win could be a real springboard. There has been nothing to suggest we're likely to or capable of stringing some wins together again but you could also look at it as having had a real slump yet still finding ourselves on the edge of the playoffs. 

Brechin 2 0 Pars 

Archived