Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
IainMorton

Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Afro said:

Would bite your hand off for a draw the now. Morton have flew under the radar almost, a lot of talk about how good a season we’re having but Morton are only 5 points behind us. Two very different sides from the last meeting six months ago, in any case - I’d wager that must be the longest time we’ve had to wait between playing a side at this level possibly ever?

I may be getting carried away with our lofty position, but I really don't want to just 'settle' for 2nd place, and by that I don't mean 2nd wouldn't be absolutely fantastic, course it would, as would 3rd or 4th, but we're in a position to put pressure on St Mirren now, and if we keep winning games they may just start to crack. 

So I really don't want a draw here, I want a win to keep our dream season going, I was gutted when we were drawing against Utd and only getting a draw, I think the players were too because they pushed for that winner, as crazy as that is we have got ourselves in an unbelievable position so lets go for it.:bounce2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!
If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.
Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 
That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 
 


It would also put our famous collapse to Airdrie look miniscule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

 


It would also put our famous collapse to Airdrie look miniscule.

 

I knew you were The Famous for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG BEN said:

Aye. Mon the tonemoji32.pngemoji32.pngemoji32.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.png
Just this once

Likewise...much as it pains to say it I hope the Ton give them a good doing.

Not only would I like to see Morton come up with us, but they'de be doing their Renfrewshire neighbours a solid turn too!

Mon the Ton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realise you had to play each other three times still.

That's excellent news.

Three draws please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Didn't realise you had to play each other three times still.

That's excellent news.

Three draws please!

Nah, I reckon Morton win and two draws is the set to go for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Didn't realise you had to play each other three times still.

That's excellent news.

Three draws please!

After tomorrow we still have the two away games to go. Odd playing a team three times at home then twice away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

After tomorrow we still have the two away games to go. Odd playing a team three times at home then twice away.

Makes tomorrow even bigger for you, as Livvy are formidable at the Pastadome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Makes tomorrow even bigger for you, as Livvy are formidable at the Pastadome.

Not as formidable as the ton on the road though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG BEN said:

Aye. Mon the tonemoji32.pngemoji32.pngemoji32.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.pngemoji209.png
Just this once

I'm sure you lot said that just a few weeks ago when we headed to Tannadice.

3 hours ago, Afro said:

Would bite your hand off for a draw the now. Morton have flew under the radar almost, a lot of talk about how good a season we’re having but Morton are only 5 points behind us. Two very different sides from the last meeting six months ago, in any case - I’d wager that must be the longest time we’ve had to wait between playing a side at this level possibly ever?

Seems a bit strong, settling for playoffs with no aspirations of catching St Mirren? A draw, while acceptable and better than a defeat, is most helpful to St Mirren than anyone else.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I may be getting carried away with our lofty position, but I really don't want to just 'settle' for 2nd place, and by that I don't mean 2nd wouldn't be absolutely fantastic, course it would, as would 3rd or 4th, but we're in a position to put pressure on St Mirren now, and if we keep winning games they may just start to crack. 

So I really don't want a draw here, I want a win to keep our dream season going, I was gutted when we were drawing against Utd and only getting a draw, I think the players were too because they pushed for that winner, as crazy as that is we have got ourselves in an unbelievable position so lets go for it.:bounce2

Indeed, crazy to settle with the run you are on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

After tomorrow we still have the two away games to go. Odd playing a team three times at home then twice away.

Actually, whilst avoiding rubbing salt in the wound, we could still be playing each other another four times after Tuesday if we both qualify for the play-offs.

If we're not well and truly sick of the sight of each other by then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AyrshireTon said:

After tomorrow we still have the two away games to go. Odd playing a team three times at home then twice away.

I'm more worried about your away games than this one, you've a better away record this season and we've already won twice playing you at Greenock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Makes tomorrow even bigger for you, as Livvy are formidable at the Pastadome.

Before you lot visited we only had 1 win in our last 5 home games. Hopefully turned a corner and keep up our more recent home form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indeed, crazy to settle with the run you are on.


To be fair, I’m thinking from the viewpoint that we’ve put in some effort in the last two games against the Maureens and United - there is no doubt that’ll have an effect on how we are able to apply ourselves tomorrow night. I seriously doubt Hopkin will have the objective set as catching St Mirren, he’s always been very quick to maintain our aim was to stay up this year and more latterly, finish as high up as we can. Taking that pressure off the players has definitely had a positive effect, a draw away at Cappielow and wins at home will do me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have a stinking record against Morton at home in recent years after about 15 years of our existence where they hadn't collected a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have more confidence winning this game if it was away. I think we’ll struggle tomorrow night given how poor we can be at home. 

Expect Baird to go straight into the starting 11 since he can’t play at the weekend. Hope he does well for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about home and away records, we have identical points from both our home games and away games this season although we’ve played 1 less game away from home and a win tomorrow night would actually see us jump above Morton as having the best away record in the league. 

Excluding the two part time teams, Dumbarton and Brechin, Morton are actually joint bottom of the home record table beside QoS although Falkirk have played 2 more games at home than both sides. 

So taking that all into account, banker home win :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×