Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
IainMorton

Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

Recommended Posts

It'll be interesting to see if Duffy can handle our style of play this time,  Hoppy had his number the other twice we beat them. I think it'll be a Livi win with another couple of goals on the counter attack from a Lithgow punt up to Hardie, that's basically what we did for the first 2 wins when Mullen and big Toddy scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, is it right that Duffy is going 3 at the back now too, think I may have read that you were on a Morton match thread a game or two back but can't be arsed checking back through threads to see. Has worked really well for us this season so will be interesting to see how you line up against us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

BTW, is it right that Duffy is going 3 at the back now too, think I may have read that you were on a Morton match thread a game or two back but can't be arsed checking back through threads to see. Has worked really well for us this season so will be interesting to see how you line up against us.

For about 45 minutes of the season. It will be 4 at the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For about 45 minutes of the season. It will be 4 at the back.

More than that. We have done it a few times.

Point still valid, it will be 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

BTW, is it right that Duffy is going 3 at the back now too, think I may have read that you were on a Morton match thread a game or two back but can't be arsed checking back through threads to see. Has worked really well for us this season so will be interesting to see how you line up against us.

He tried against Dumbarton with a few players out injured and resting others due to the number of midweek games coming up; it didn't work well and we noticeably improved when reverting to 4-4-2 in the second half.  I'll be surprised if we see it again.

While avoiding defeat here would keep the excellent run going, we have to look at the three remaining games with Livingston as the big opportunities to claim second place. We're a better team now than we were in the previous defeats to them and it's time to prove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

He tried against Dumbarton with a few players out injured and resting others due to the number of midweek games coming up; it didn't work well and we noticeably improved when reverting to 4-4-2 in the second half.  I'll be surprised if we see it again.

While avoiding defeat here would keep the excellent run going, we have to look at the three remaining games with Livingston as the big opportunities to claim second place. We're a better team now than we were in the previous defeats to them and it's time to prove it.

We improved tenfold from January though as well, so both teams seem to have massively improved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Miller and Hardie are an upgrade on Mullen/Toddy/Mackin, Hardie esp is far better at scoring goals and winning balls from defenders. Cadden and Robinson have really impressed the last couple of games too. I'd say we're looking stronger/better now than at the start of the season, and we started off pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3-0 to The Famous. 

Why do you have Davie Irons as your avatar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Morton win, please. 11 point gap with same games played (finally) would be lovely, thanks.

We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 

 

'Very interesting' isn't the wording I'd go for, but yeah, it'd become tight as f**k. Not sure I could handle it. I've said before, I very much don't want to go into the derby needing a result. 

As you've said, this week could be pivotal. I have no qualms at all in hoping for a big Ton win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 

 

Stop it - my head's buzzing already.

So many "if's" it doesn't bear thinking about. As they say if my Uncle had baws he'd be my errrr.... uncle. Think I messed that one up a bit.

Heres an "if" for you though - with subzero temperatures forecast for tomorrow what's the chance of the game even being on?

Edited by Durnford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

'Very interesting' isn't the wording I'd go for, but yeah, it'd become tight as f**k. Not sure I could handle it. I've said before, I very much don't want to go into the derby needing a result. 

As you've said, this week could be pivotal. I have no qualms at all in hoping for a big Ton win.

Livy have impressed me all season, not just recently. I'm not confident of us beating them tomorrow night, although we seem to be grinding out results just now.

I'll be honest, I'd rather we faced St Mirren in the playoff's rather than Livi, should we get to that stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Stop it - my head's buzzing already.

So many "if's" it doesn't bear thinking about. As they say if my Uncle had baws he'd be my errrr.... uncle. Think I messed that one up a bit.

Heres an "if" for you though - with subzero temperatures forecast for tomorrow what's the chance of the game even being on?

Games are rarely called off at Cappielow these days.... covers are down as a precaution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Livy have impressed me all season, not just recently. I'm not confident of us beating them tomorrow night, although we seem to be grinding out results just now.

I'll be honest, I'd rather we faced St Mirren in the playoff's rather than Livi, should we get to that stage

 

24 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 

 

Shall we get you and Livvy a room Colkitto??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, madton said:

 

Shall we get you and Livvy a room Colkitto??

 

 

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I'll be honest, I'd rather we faced St Mirren in the playoff's rather than Livi, should we get to that stage

Fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morton win, please. 11 point gap with same games played (finally) would be lovely, thanks.

They beat us twice earlier in the season, once in the league, once in the cup. We have still to play them 3 times so we are likely to have a big say on title, either handing it to you or ensuring it remains tight.

As for the game going ahead, the best groundsman in the country will ensure the pitch is playable like he always does. The only real threat is any police advice due to surrounding roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would bite your hand off for a draw the now. Morton have flew under the radar almost, a lot of talk about how good a season we’re having but Morton are only 5 points behind us. Two very different sides from the last meeting six months ago, in any case - I’d wager that must be the longest time we’ve had to wait between playing a side at this level possibly ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×