Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

It'll be interesting to see if Duffy can handle our style of play this time,  Hoppy had his number the other twice we beat them. I think it'll be a Livi win with another couple of goals on the counter attack from a Lithgow punt up to Hardie, that's basically what we did for the first 2 wins when Mullen and big Toddy scored.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, is it right that Duffy is going 3 at the back now too, think I may have read that you were on a Morton match thread a game or two back but can't be arsed checking back through threads to see. Has worked really well for us this season so will be interesting to see how you line up against us.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

BTW, is it right that Duffy is going 3 at the back now too, think I may have read that you were on a Morton match thread a game or two back but can't be arsed checking back through threads to see. Has worked really well for us this season so will be interesting to see how you line up against us.

For about 45 minutes of the season. It will be 4 at the back.

54 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He tried against Dumbarton with a few players out injured and resting others due to the number of midweek games coming up; it didn't work well and we noticeably improved when reverting to 4-4-2 in the second half.  I'll be surprised if we see it again.

While avoiding defeat here would keep the excellent run going, we have to look at the three remaining games with Livingston as the big opportunities to claim second place. We're a better team now than we were in the previous defeats to them and it's time to prove it.

36 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

He tried against Dumbarton with a few players out injured and resting others due to the number of midweek games coming up; it didn't work well and we noticeably improved when reverting to 4-4-2 in the second half.  I'll be surprised if we see it again.

While avoiding defeat here would keep the excellent run going, we have to look at the three remaining games with Livingston as the big opportunities to claim second place. We're a better team now than we were in the previous defeats to them and it's time to prove it.

We improved tenfold from January though as well, so both teams seem to have massively improved

Yep Miller and Hardie are an upgrade on Mullen/Toddy/Mackin, Hardie esp is far better at scoring goals and winning balls from defenders. Cadden and Robinson have really impressed the last couple of games too. I'd say we're looking stronger/better now than at the start of the season, and we started off pretty well.

33 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Morton win, please. 11 point gap with same games played (finally) would be lovely, thanks.

We'll be doing our best to get that 2nd spot, don't worry!

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

That would make a very interesting run in indeed... 

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Livi win tomorrow the gap with St Mirren is narrowed to 8 points same games played.

Then it's the big one on Friday against Dun Utd, if you lose that and Livi win at Dunfermline on Saturday, the gap could be down to an amazing 5 points with the same amount of games played. 

'Very interesting' isn't the wording I'd go for, but yeah, it'd become tight as f**k. Not sure I could handle it. I've said before, I very much don't want to go into the derby needing a result. 

As you've said, this week could be pivotal. I have no qualms at all in hoping for a big Ton win.

21 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Stop it - my head's buzzing already.

So many "if's" it doesn't bear thinking about. As they say if my Uncle had baws he'd be my errrr.... uncle. Think I messed that one up a bit.

Heres an "if" for you though - with subzero temperatures forecast for tomorrow what's the chance of the game even being on?

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

'Very interesting' isn't the wording I'd go for, but yeah, it'd become tight as f**k. Not sure I could handle it. I've said before, I very much don't want to go into the derby needing a result. 

As you've said, this week could be pivotal. I have no qualms at all in hoping for a big Ton win.

Livy have impressed me all season, not just recently. I'm not confident of us beating them tomorrow night, although we seem to be grinding out results just now.

I'll be honest, I'd rather we faced St Mirren in the playoff's rather than Livi, should we get to that stage

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Stop it - my head's buzzing already.

So many "if's" it doesn't bear thinking about. As they say if my Uncle had baws he'd be my errrr.... uncle. Think I messed that one up a bit.

Heres an "if" for you though - with subzero temperatures forecast for tomorrow what's the chance of the game even being on?

Games are rarely called off at Cappielow these days.... covers are down as a precaution 

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Livy have impressed me all season, not just recently. I'm not confident of us beating them tomorrow night, although we seem to be grinding out results just now.

I'll be honest, I'd rather we faced St Mirren in the playoff's rather than Livi, should we get to that stage

24 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Shall we get you and Livvy a room Colkitto??

Morton win, please. 11 point gap with same games played (finally) would be lovely, thanks.

They beat us twice earlier in the season, once in the league, once in the cup. We have still to play them 3 times so we are likely to have a big say on title, either handing it to you or ensuring it remains tight.

As for the game going ahead, the best groundsman in the country will ensure the pitch is playable like he always does. The only real threat is any police advice due to surrounding roads.

Would bite your hand off for a draw the now. Morton have flew under the radar almost, a lot of talk about how good a season we’re having but Morton are only 5 points behind us. Two very different sides from the last meeting six months ago, in any case - I’d wager that must be the longest time we’ve had to wait between playing a side at this level possibly ever?

Archived