Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

Possibly the biggest game of the season so far for us. Three points will put us within touching distance of second. Livi have been superb this season and have already beaten us twice at home, and they have had two great wins in the last week against St. Mirren and Dundee United.

I usually try and predict games, but I have no idea which way this will go.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one should be a cracker. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

A win for Livvy pretty much guarantees their playoff spot, if it's not secured already, while a win for us puts us in a very good position to really challenge for 2nd.

3-2 to the ton! Baird to score on his debut.

Excited for this one. There is a right good buzz around the club again and all the credit to Duffy and the players for the run we are on.

What a game this should be on Tuesday, really looking forward to it. 

Think like ourselves Morton have gone under the radar, not a lot of people have been talking about them, all the talks been about St mirren, Dundee Utd, earlier in the season Dunfermline and both ourselves and Morton have just got on with it and find ourselves comfortably 2nd and 3rd at the moment. 

Have to say what a job both Hoppy and Jim Duffy have done, fair play to both managers, neither team would’ve been fancied to be in this position at the start of the season.

I know St Mirren fans are looking over their shoulders a wee bit but don’t think they need to, think we are just concentrating on getting enough points to secure a playoff place now, and with that in mind a draw in this one would be more than acceptable given the good run Morton are on and keeps a distance between both clubs. 

For the third game running I can’t really see us changing the starting 11, they’ve all been excellent the last couple of weeks. 

Will we be in the main stand or the cowshed on Tuesday ? Would love to experience the cowshed, best stand in Scottish football imo. 

Would be much better if you were in the Shed, just depends on how many you bring through. I guess you’d bring more if it was a Saturday game.

I don't think the shed is dependant on numbers is it? Think that was more for the WDE. I'm quietly confident of at least a point on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

I don't think the shed is dependant on numbers is it? Think that was more for the WDE. I'm quietly confident of at least a point on Tuesday.

I’m sure if they opened the Shed, they still need to have the away section of the stand opened for anyone who doesn’t want to/can’t stand for the whole game. So they would still need to bring sufficient numbers to justify letting them in the Shed.

Am please that Morton have stuck with Jim Duffy in-spite of some of the supporters calling for him to be replaced earlier on in the season. He was magnanimous in defeat earlier and a complete gentleman; what he said made a lot of sense and didn't resort to blaming his players. Guys like that deserve the same loyalty from the board rather than the knee jerk reaction often seen for example in England.

That being said I truly hope he will need to be equally magnanimous in defeat on Tuesday :)

Realistically I find this one very difficult to call; I don't think there's any pressure on us to catch St Mirren so the main thing will be presumably preserving our position in 2nd. If anything Morton probably have the more pressure with the possibility of significantly closing the gap on us.

All that being said I have to say that I've found this years challenge in the championship one of the best ever; so many twist and turns; a wee bit of a gap opening now but I'm sure Dunfermline and QoS wont be counting themselves out of the running just yet.

I think this match will show us where we actually stand in this league. If we win we will prove to everyone we are serious contenders and have a chance of going up, and if we lose we are just “punching above our weight” again.

Also, the way things are going we may be playing Livi again in the playoffs, so gives us a good indication if we can handle it. 

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Am please that Morton have stuck with Jim Duffy in-spite of some of the supporters calling for him to be replaced earlier on in the season. He was magnanimous in defeat earlier and a complete gentleman; what he said made a lot of sense and didn't resort to blaming his players. Guys like that deserve the same loyalty from the board rather than the knee jerk reaction often seen for example in England.

Spot on! A big well done to the board on standing by their man and rewarding him with a longer contract.

Had the unhappy clappers got their way, we'd be battling it out with Dumbarton at the bottom end of the league and wouldn't be looking forward to a money-spinning, quarter-final tie against cellic.

Archived