Everyday scummy behaviour

Bairnardo

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dirty campers 🙄

Someone shat in my friend's tent at t in the park. She noticed when she was crawling in and her hand skidded in it and left her face inches from the offending jobby. 

Is that the sort of thing you're thinking of or is this a new subset of swinging? 

Someone shat in my friend's tent at t in the park. She noticed when she was crawling in and her hand skidded in it and left her face inches from the offending jobby. 
Is that the sort of thing you're thinking of or is this a new subset of swinging? 
The scumbags who are currently leaving the highlands like a shit tip after their "staycation"

Dirty campers [emoji849]

What happened to the other thread?

I know that the influx of NC500ers has had some negative impacts on places along the route, with the poor camping practices, traffic tailbacks and stream of camper vans particular annoyances.

A lot of people just don’t know how to behave when they are in the countryside, or they don’t care about dumping shite (literally) behind them. You see it everywhere, not just the far north. I’ve had a Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells moan on other threads about the litter you see in parks and all public places, especially during the lockdown as those places became so important to people. It’s absolutely infuriating, I’ve picked up broken glass and litter from kids play parks and football pitches when I’ve been out with my wee boy.

The problem is that huge numbers of people in this country are utterly self centred and don’t give a shit about other people and can’t even contemplate that it’s a good thing not to throw their crap in the ground. It’s sad that you notice it particularly in poorer areas where people get rely on public spaces more that they are treated like giant bins.

Some fuds cut down a couple of trees in Rosiemurchus for a campfire and set fire to a 150 year old tree.

I blame the end of public service broadcasts for people being lazy and ignorant. Pity more of them don't go and rescue kites from substations.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The scumbags who are currently leaving the highlands like a shit tip after their "staycation"

There was a news story recently about human shite being left all over snowdon. The woman who runs the cafe at the top said there was a man pissing on her door despite having literally miles of wilderness he could use. 

I can just about get my head around the possibility that minks are going camping because they can't get to blackpool/benidorm this year. I can't understand how someone who is prepared to go to the effort of going up a big mountain can't also go to the effort of not messing it up. 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What happened to the other thread?

I know that the influx of NC500ers has had some negative impacts on places along the route, with the poor camping practices, traffic tailbacks and stream of camper vans particular annoyances.

A lot of people just don’t know how to behave when they are in the countryside, or they don’t care about dumping shite (literally) behind them. You see it everywhere, not just the far north. I’ve had a Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells moan on other threads about the litter you see in parks and all public places, especially during the lockdown as those places became so important to people. It’s absolutely infuriating, I’ve picked up broken glass and litter from kids play parks and football pitches when I’ve been out with my wee boy.

The problem is that huge numbers of people in this country are utterly self centred and don’t give a shit about other people and can’t even contemplate that it’s a good thing not to throw their crap in the ground. It’s sad that you notice it particularly in poorer areas where people get rely on public spaces more that they are treated like giant bins.

Just for the record it wasn't me who took out the "Tinky" thread.

I was rather hoping it might turn into an interesting debate on people deciding to sample a few days camping, but not taking cognisance of the fact that few, if any, campsites are actually open, and just generally abusing our beautiful countryside.

Unfortunately the Deles and the Alli's of this forum decided to turn it into something else, in their relentless pursuit of anyone they consider to be a racist, or even anyone who simply disagrees with them.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

The thread was looking for examples of scummy behaviour, I suggested a scummy behaviour was using a racial slur to describe your takeaway. Very much on topic.

I can’t speak for the mods, but I’d assume the thread was deleted because it’s not a very good look for the forum to have a thread title contain a racial slur. Nothing to do with the ‘Dele’s’ or the ‘AliI’s’ of the forum. 

What was the "racial slur" in the thread title? 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m going to take this at face value and assume you are genuinely looking to learn.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

The thread title was lifted from a post of HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows on the Petty things thread, but please feel free to further enlighten me.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The thread title was lifted from a post of HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows on the Petty things thread, but please feel free to further enlighten me.

Someone else is racist and so therefore I should be allowed to be racist? Is that it?

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m going to take this at face value and assume you are genuinely looking to learn.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

I had no idea that mink was in the same boat. I'd always assumed minky was just scots for manky.  If it's going to offend people then i guess i'll have to find a new word that conveys what i meant by it. Suggestions welcome. 

There's a user (name) on here that's an offensive term for the travelling community. Surprised it has never been changed. 

The parks/hills around Bonaly in Edinburgh have turned into a campsite. Folk living there in tents due to the economic crisis and teens turning it in to a tip. I'd release the hound on them but he can't differentiate between the folk down on their luck trying not to bother anyone and the kids with their food/litter everywhere.