Everyday scummy behaviour

Bairnardo

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

On the sweary grandparents, we'd occasionally let Par Jr stay with my mad mother and even more mad husband. They would constantly yell at the dogs to "SHUT UP". Was wheeling Par Jr round Asda in the shopping trolley one day when some parent was yelling and swearing at its noisy kid without having the desired effect of shutting the kid up. As we went by, Par Jr leaned out of the trolley and bellowed "SHUT UP" at the pair of them. Both jumped out their skins and both did indeed shut up. 

Which type of scummy behaviour does this post refer to, sweary grandparents or child in a food trolley ?

Or were you going for the double points score ?  😜

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Which type of scummy behaviour does this post refer to, sweary grandparents or child in a food trolley ?

Or were you going for the double points score ?  😜

She was still at the age of sitting in the proper seat part, not in with the food like a chimp. 

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

😁 I knew that of course. 

Besides, the staff at Waitrose would have been horrified to see Princess Par squashing the lychees and buffalo mozzarella.

Not sure where I went wrong with her. A Tesco meal deal is a delicacy to her. Obviously takes after her mum with some of her life choices. She did draw my avatar though. 

Had a passive-aggressive encounter at the checkout in Lidl today. 

Guy behind me wasn't wearing a mask, but more importantly was right next to me. We had this staring contest, followed by me advising him that he should be two metres away. He then said he was only required to be one and a half metres (sounded like he was German, but this was Lidl in Dundee). Nevertheless, he was half a metre away at the most. 

Gave up and paid for my coronation chicken. 

9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Guy behind me wasn't wearing a mask, but more importantly was right next to me. We had this staring contest, followed by me advising him that he should be two metres away. He then said he was only required to be one and a half metres (sounded like he was German, but this was Lidl in Dundee). Nevertheless, he was half a metre away at the most. 

^^^Shat it!

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I've had the opposite while queuing at tills with folk standing a few places farther away from the person in front of them than they need to. Strange behaviour when the standing distance places are all marked out.

I don't get the not wearing a mask (I know some are exempt), you've got it on for around 20 minutes, it's not that big an ask.

On 14/08/2020 at 17:13, spud131 said:

Adults cycling on the pavement!

Was walking along Great Western Road, at quite a narrow and busy point. Guy overtook me cycling and walking his dog at the same time, while constantly saying "bring bring". No chance I was moving for him mind. In front of me there was two girls walking a dog together, he proceeds to hit the dogs leash, fall off his bike and land on there dog. I called him a c**t to his face. I am a cyclist but actually left me raging.

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Was walking along Great Western Road, at quite a narrow and busy point. Guy overtook me cycling and walking his dog at the same time, while constantly saying "bring bring". No chance I was moving for him mind. In front of me there was two girls walking a dog together, he proceeds to hit the dogs leash, fall off his bike and land on there dog. I called him a c**t to his face. I am a cyclist but actually left me raging.

You or the girls could have had the sod charged with careless or dangerous cycling by the polis, especially for hurting the dug. Careless or dangerous cycling is covered in the Road Traffic Act 1988.

It would be good if the polis could hand out the telts in the form of a few fixed penalties but apparently they don't have the manpower.

On 24/02/2018 at 23:42, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People who queue for a plane an hour before the boarding starts, blocking all the lanes for people with wheelchairs or people who’ve paid to get on early just because senga has decided shes at the front of the queue despite actually sitting in the last section to get on. Arsehole behaviour of the highest order most commonly observed on flights to/from Glasgow.

I was in Denmark in January and Copenhagen Airport seems to be one of these airports that shows the gate really early.  As I'd eaten my lunch and stuff I made my way to the gate about an hour before the flight was due to leave.  Arrived there and found the area around gate where we were leaving from pretty dead, except for my gate which had a queue about five deep there already!  Again, this was an hour before departure, probably about 40 mins before boarding and already some people were desperate to get on they were queuing at the gate already.  Bizarre.

On 14/08/2020 at 17:13, spud131 said:

Adults cycling on the pavement!

This used to be almost the sole preserve of skinny neds in joggers, usually cutting about on a mountain bike, seat down as far as it will go, blue and white striped poly bag full of Monster, rizlas, and chocolate draped over the handlebars.

The arrival of these Just Eat Cycles in Edinburgh seems to have led to a new epidemic of students, hipsters, and other typical millennial types all taking to the pavements as if they're somehow exempt from the law. I think it should be perfectly legal to perform some sort of 'pedestrians arrest' on these fuckers by ramming the first thing that comes to hand through their spokes.

On 14/08/2020 at 15:49, Angusfifer said:

Could you have beaten him in a fight?

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You or the girls could have had the sod charged with careless or dangerous cycling by the polis, especially for hurting the dug. Careless or dangerous cycling is covered in the Road Traffic Act 1988.

It would be good if the polis could hand out the telts in the form of a few fixed penalties but apparently they don't have the manpower.

I don't think we have ever interacted on here before, but I fucking knew you would be the first to reply