Everyday scummy behaviour

Bairnardo

Swearing at your children. I accept that people might lose it and use language they regret once in a while but routinely swearing at or around children is horrible. Supermarkets are my primary exposure to this.

A friend of mine worked in the Scot-Mid on Easter Road and once saw a couple with a toddler come in. The toddler was crying and holding his mums hand when the dad said to the mum loudly “shut that c**t up!” referring to his crying child. I’ve heard kids in parks told or shut the f**k up or called c***s by parents. The famous “DISGUSTING” viral clip features a woman swearing at her children. Clearly a lot of people (most people?) think it’s fine to do this, maybe I’m out of touch?

14 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Any Walmart here is equally bad. Consider that they’re also about 10 times as big and full of Americans..... emoji15.pngemoji849.pngemoji1750.png

The Walmarts in Canada are the same and they all have McDonald's in them for added scumbag convenience. I have a Walmart Mastercard as they were more than happy to give me one when I was fresh off the boat 6 years ago, so I will go to my local one when I have points to use, otherwise I make a point of avoiding the whole area. 

Edited by Torpar

15 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Any Walmart here is equally bad. Consider that they’re also about 10 times as big and full of Americans..... emoji15.pngemoji849.pngemoji1750.png

Any time I'm in America i always pop into Walmart just to people watch - it's like a human zoo. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Swearing at your children. I accept that people might lose it and use language they regret once in a while but routinely swearing at or around children is horrible. Supermarkets are my primary exposure to this.

Guy I work with told me he watches South Park and Rick & Morty with his step daughter. 

She's 4 or 5. A lot will go over her head but, still. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Guy I work with told me he watches South Park and Rick & Morty with his step daughter. 

I hope she never sees what the woodland critters do to Strawberry Shortcake. 

On 24/02/2018 at 10:50, sjc said:

Cycling on the pavement is the only one I can think of here.

This seemed to absolutely skyrocket here during the lockdown.  The streets were dead but you still saw adults cycling on the pavements like it was totally normal behaviour.  Weird thing to do for anyone over the age of 12.  It's illegal as well I think.

Edited by Highland Capital

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

This seemed to absolutely skyrocket here during the lockdown.  The streets were dead but you still saw adults cycling on the pavements like it was totally normal behaviour.  Weird behaviour for anyone over the age of 12.  It's illegal as well I think.

It's the ones that come up behind you silently and brush by scaring the bejesus out of you...

Edited by btb

She’ll grow up to be an epic miss with a genius IQ watching those shows!

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

The Walmarts in Canada are the same and they all have McDonald's in them for added scumbag convenience. I have a Walmart Mastercard as they were more than happy to give me one when I was fresh off the boat 6 years ago, so I will go to my local one when I have points to use, otherwise I make a point of avoiding the whole area. 

Walmart own Asda and there are quite a few Asda stores here with a McDonalds in them, including the Halbeath Asda.

Any time I'm in America i always pop into Walmart just to people watch - it's like a human zoo. 
B&M here is like this. I thought my sister was exaggerating calling it belters and maniacs.
First time I went in theres a woman in a tutu.
Belters is comfirm

Walmart own Asda and there are quite a few Asda stores here with a McDonalds in them, including the Halbeath Asda.

Chesser Asda near me has one. Literally every time I’m in that shop you see several families of complete stereotypical fat mouth breathing tracksuit-and-Old Firm top wearing dregs stumbling through the aisles, piling processed crap into their trolley, calling their kids c***s as they go.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A friend of mine worked in the Scot-Mid on Easter Road and once saw a couple with a toddler come in. The toddler was crying and holding his mums hand when the dad said to the mum loudly “shut that c**t up!” referring to his crying child. I’ve heard kids in parks told or shut the f**k up or called c***s by parents. The famous “DISGUSTING” viral clip features a woman swearing at her children. Clearly a lot of people (most people?) think it’s fine to do this, maybe I’m out of touch?

I only swear when I go full pelt psycho mum at them. When I swear they know I’m serious (or need sectioning!)

18 hours ago, Raidernation said:

They'd need to be 10 times as big to accommodate Americans...

Have to admit I've lost it a couple of times in lockdown and swore at my eldest. She started getting up at stupid O'clock in the morning and randomly coming into the room. She isn't quiet either and with the 6 month old right next door, combined with her startling me awake I have regrettably whispered "will you shut the f**k up before you wake your sister up". The next day I feel absolutely awful. I think it's just somw kind of horrible reaction to make sure she quietens down. I've never swore at her any other time. I try not to even swear around her tbh.

On the subject though: years ago I was walking behind a woman and a kid (around 4/5 years old). The wee lassie was yapping like mad and being a typical hyper youngster. She asked some question that I forget but it started with "Nana, how about I...", to which the nana responded "How about I punch you in the fucking head?!". The saddest thing(s) about this was A) A Nana/Gran should be the nicest person in the world to you and this one was clearly an arsehole and sadder still B) The wee lassie never reacted at all to this. She just kept on with her behaviour which made me think the old bitch must speak to her like that all the time :(

This seemed to absolutely skyrocket here during the lockdown.  The streets were dead but you still saw adults cycling on the pavements like it was totally normal behaviour.  Weird thing to do for anyone over the age of 12.  It's illegal as well I think.

I dropped my girlfriend off at work this morning. Witnessed a man cycling down the pavement before turning the wrong way down a one way road and cycling down the middle of it onto oncoming traffic.

Just the sort of person you’d see on Facebook complaining if he was involved in an accident though.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I dropped my girlfriend off at work this morning. Witnessed a man cycling down the pavement before turning the wrong way down a one way road and cycling down the middle of it onto oncoming traffic.

Just the sort of person you’d see on Facebook complaining if he was involved in an accident though.

Maybe he'll write a song about the experience and go on to be a star.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

On the subject though: years ago I was walking behind a woman and a kid (around 4/5 years old). The wee lassie was yapping like mad and being a typical hyper youngster. She asked some question that I forget but it started with "Nana, how about I...", to which the nana responded "How about I punch you in the fucking head?!". The saddest thing(s) about this was A) A Nana/Gran should be the nicest person in the world to you and this one was clearly an arsehole and sadder still B) The wee lassie never reacted at all to this. She just kept on with her behaviour which made me think the old bitch must speak to her like that all the time :(

An outburst like that would be a humorous addition to JoJo and GranGran tbh.