Everyday scummy behaviour

Bairnardo

I don’t mind people that throw their betting slips away. I don’t even really mind people that chuck them on the floor if there’s a bin nearby. But see people that rip them into tiny little pieces and then fling them on the floor? There’s no punishment too great.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The parks/hills around Bonaly in Edinburgh have turned into a campsite. Folk living there in tents due to the economic crisis

Like a Hooverville?

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I had no idea that mink was in the same boat. I'd always assumed minky was just scots for manky.  If it's going to offend people then i guess i'll have to find a new word that conveys what i meant by it. Suggestions welcome. 

Travellery.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Travellery.

Nope, i meant people without any regard for personal or public hygiene. Maybe i shouldn't generalise about clarty b*****ds but it does help in discourse to have shorthand ways of referring to things that are commonly understood. 

I think you're suggesting that i actually did mean travellers all along? I didn't and i think it's pretty shite to imply that i did without any good reason. 

45 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Back on topic I don't know what needs doing to sort this (my one free murder plan aside). It can't be policed evidently. Even as a wee dick aged 18 I'd take my rubbish back out the countryside with me. Take only photos, leave only footprints. I didn't really have this drummed into me by anyone, it was just obvious to me that I was in a nice place and the way it stays nice is if I don't leave all my shite behind.

What do you do? Extend the camping forbidden zones, poorly enforced fines? Whack a huge tarriff on chinese made tents? 

The traffic round here over that last weekend was honestly outrageous, queued back from Luss to Dumbarton. I have no doubt Luss will be in a total state right now, but I really can't understand how it gets allowed to happen - put a police car at the Balloch roundabout and stop anycunt with a car full of bams and alcohol heading up there. I really feel for the folk in Luss, they've got a lovely wee village that gets absolutely ruined every time the sun comes out, I'm not sure I could refrain from heading along the shore with a truncheon if I lived there.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There's a user (name) on here that's an offensive term for the travelling community. Surprised it has never been changed.  

You going soft, Shandon? Get them named and shamed.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Nope, i meant people without any regard for personal or public hygiene. Maybe i shouldn't generalise about clarty b*****ds but it does help in discourse to have shorthand ways of referring to things that are commonly understood. 

I think you're suggesting that i actually did mean travellers all along? I didn't and i think it's pretty shite to imply that i did without any good reason. 

Just my wee racist joke snowflake. :babe2

Just now, welshbairn said:

Just my wee racist joke snowflake. :babe2

I see. You have taken my honest admission that i didn't know that a specific word was offensive as some sort of complaint about political correctness gone mad. This is despite the fact that i stated without complaint that i wouldn't use the word in future because i didn't want to offend people. 

I fear that the internet has warped your tiny little mind. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The traffic round here over that last weekend was honestly outrageous, queued back from Luss to Dumbarton. I have no doubt Luss will be in a total state right now, but I really can't understand how it gets allowed to happen - put a police car at the Balloch roundabout and stop anycunt with a car full of bams and alcohol heading up there. I really feel for the folk in Luss, they've got a lovely wee village that gets absolutely ruined every time the sun comes out, I'm not sure I could refrain from heading along the shore with a truncheon if I lived there.

You going soft, Shandon? Get them named and shamed.

@Mr Pikey

I know it rose to prominence up here thanks to yer man here:

7c124e0d573c3896d7cedfec873a7742.jpg

but if you called Mickey ^^ that he'd soon ask you "d'ye bax?" as he'd likely find that offensive. I know some good folk who are from the travelling communities scattered around the fringes of Edinburgh and I wouldn't want to think of them getting called that (though they don't exactly need anyone to fight their battles for them!). I'm sure the Mods would be glad to help you change the username too as it doesn't look good for P&B having that pop up on threads. 

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I see. You have taken my honest admission that i didn't know that a specific word was offensive as some sort of complaint about political correctness gone mad. This is despite the fact that i stated without complaint that i wouldn't use the word in future because i didn't want to offend people. 

I fear that the internet has warped your tiny little mind. 

My mind was warped well before the internet pal. 

Anyone mentioned smoking over the top of your kids yet?

Whether it's pushing a pram with a fag a couple of feet from their heads or lighting up and then taking your fag tight up to your child's face, I do enjoy seeing these scheme vermin

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just because you paid to live next to an attraction/amenity does not mean that you get to use the polis to gatekeep public access to it. This isn't some post-Soviet kleptocracy. 

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Someone else is racist and so therefore I should be allowed to be racist? Is that it?

It's literally his 'go-to' excuse. 

"Aye, but I asked Sam in the shop after ordering my number 23 and he said it's fine because everybody else where I stay calls him it". 

Edited by Mr. Alli

9 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

How would the police judge intent to litter?

It's their intent to get pished that's easily identified. The littering comes as a result of said pishedness. Stopping cars full of people with crates of beer in the boot heading up there should be fairly straightforward. In fact, the police had folk at Balloch train station and were turning folk away who stepped off the train with carry outs. Don't think it would be too difficult to do the same.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just because you paid to live next to an attraction/amenity does not mean that you get to use the polis to gatekeep public access to it. This isn't some post-Soviet kleptocracy. 

I live over 12 miles from Luss and the traffic was backed up for over half of that. I wasn't put out by it, but it causes huge problems for the area. Luss has a population of 450 people and when half of Scotland descends on it for one weekend, it becomes quite apparent that the police do need to gatekeep, as they have done on numerous occasions in the past. I don't know why they didn't bother this weekend.

Whether it's pushing a pram with a fag a couple of feet from their heads or lighting up and then taking your fag tight up to your child's face, I do enjoy seeing these scheme vermin
I'll better that: my arsehole sister in law is pregnant and like her first pregnancy she is continuing to smoke. Sub human scum.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I live over 12 miles from Luss and the traffic was backed up for over half of that. I wasn't put out by it, but it causes huge problems for the area. Luss has a population of 450 people and when half of Scotland descends on it for one weekend, it becomes quite apparent that the police do need to gatekeep, as they have done on numerous occasions in the past. I don't know why they didn't bother this weekend.

I'm pretty sure that half of Scotland did not actually descend on one wee tinpot village and that in fact the rest of the country's resorts/tourist attractions had an equally busy weekend as well. In fact I believe that CalMac were suspending the ferries to Millport of all places because of the volume of people trying to access the island and the social distancing issues caused by that. If locals can't stand day-trippers coming to their area then they really shouldn't have chosen to live next to one of the country's most famous lochs within half an hour's drive of its largest urban conurbation in the first place. The police have got better and more legitimate things to do with their time than maintain the delusion of their rural idyll. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
46 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'll better that: my arsehole sister in law is pregnant and like her first pregnancy she is continuing to smoke. Sub human scum.

That is genuinely despicable.