Forres Mechanics

rocksolid

Guest IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER..ICT

What a sad feckin thread fer sad feckin diddy supporters. Lets face it Forres are shyte, County are shyte, the Blue Toon are shyte and Hellgin are totally feckin pathetic. Thank feck there is a team in Inverness that doe not have to play in the Diddy rounds and upholds the fine Highland warrior tradition.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank feck there is a team in Inverness that doe not have to play in the Diddy rounds and upholds the fine Highland warrior tradition.

Clach?

What a sad feckin thread fer sad feckin diddy supporters. Lets face it Forres are shyte, County are shyte, the Blue Toon are shyte and Hellgin are totally feckin pathetic. Thank feck there is a team in Inverness that doe not have to play in the Diddy rounds and upholds the fine Highland warrior tradition.

Agree wi yi there Howden especially the hElgin bit.Pleased tae see yir Clachnapuddin team beat Deveronslide on saturday :D:P:lol::D

Thank feck there is a team in Inverness that doe not have to play in the Diddy rounds and upholds the fine Highland warrior tradition.

How many of the ICT first team are "Highland warriors"? Serious question as I genuinely don't know.

Souter - is this the bubble bursting?

lol, I would say so!

Question for Carlos and any other County Caley Thistle hElgin and Bloo Toon fans. Do you boys miss the Highland League ??. It must be long journies for the likes o County and Caley fans tae go to away matches now compared to before.

Inverurie is a good addition to the Highland League but it was good to go tae places like Borough Briggs and Telford Street etc

Don't miss it at all.

There's too many of the Highland League clubs in the east these days though. In fact, there's not much Highland about it in the present balance. They could do with bringing in clubs from the actual Highlands again to address the balance I feel.

Further clubs from the west could spread the already thin layer of talent and money available in these parts even thinner. The only way around that would be to admit teams from further afield so that they aren't in competition with existing clubs. Oban for example.

Admitting the likes of Thurso or Alness United wouldn't be the best solution as this would affect Clach, Brora and Wick.

I'm sorry that sounds dangerously like an SPL cartel -like comment. Not wanting anyone else to compete with you because your slice of the cake will be wee'er. ;)

If Alness Utd were to join for example I don't think the rest of the HL would have anything to fear from loss of talent or loss of revenue. They could probably put together a useful side from a pool of Easter Ross players but their fanbase would mainly be Ross County fans anyway which would be their biggest hurdle.

But that's the same hurdle that any team in the Highland Region faces anyway, they simply can't compete with County or Caley. Fans would often rather travel out of their own town to see a higher standard of football. Am sure Lossie already has that problem, as does every team in the North East.

There didn't seem to be a problem spreading the talent around when there were 3 extra teams in the HL around Inverness and Dingwall so I can't understand how that would create such a negative effect now. Any HL team to come in from this area would be struggling off the pitch, but am quite sure they would be of benefit to the HL regarding competition on the pitch.

I know it may sound like an SPL cartel comment, but it's a realistic one. Since the drain of the North FA's top sides to the SFL over the last decade or so, the North FA clubs remaining in the HFL have struggled with the notable exception of Clach's one-off Championship a couple of years back.

And the fact is that these clubs have struggled off and on the pitch. I'm not sure where the talent that obviously filled the County, Caley, Thistle and City HFL teams has now gone - or more accurately the "source of talent". I don't honestly know how many Highland-based players are in the County and ICT teams these days (including the reserve squads), so am unsure if that's where the modern day Highland talent has gone. But looking at the way that Brora, Wick, Fort etc struggle I can't help but think another team from A9 Inverness to Caithness corridor would spread the available talent around thinner. It is a pity that it's like that, but it's the way things are just now.

If there was to be HFL expansion (and I hope there is), I would prefer to see the league expand geographically as well as purely in numbers, opening up the likes of Argyll in the west and Kincardineshire in the east to HFL level football.

Supporters leaving their home town to watch fitba elsewhere is a problem we are all cursed with and I know many Lossiers are season ticket holders at Pitoddrie, Ibrox and Celtic Park - plus some that also go through to Inverness and Dingwall on occasion, and that obviously doesn't help with things off the field.

Guest AyrDelighted

Back on topic :)

... myself and Mr Guinness_Alan are heading up to watch Forres Mechanics get thoroughly trounced by the mighty Rothes this weekend. :D:guinness:D

Lossie Loon havin been up to Weeeek Academy and Brora in the past month tae watch the Jags i have nothing but admiration for the players and supporters of those teams who have such a fearsome long journey every second week tae see them play.Apart fae Clach and Cove every other Highland League ground is under an hour away.Its all credit to these teams for keeping going

Nevermind Forres, what the hell happened to Clach on Saturday?? 0-7 :ph34r::huh:

Thats what happens when Rowan (Spanky)'s Dad helps out Dave MacKay in the managerial role!

Ill have to give my mate pelters next time I see him, he would have been playing unless he was injured.

Of our current squad the following are from the Highlands:

Stuart Golabek

Grant Munro

Richie Hart

Barry Wilson was born in Fife, but I believe has spent most of his career/life in the Highlands so probably counts. Ross Tokely is from Aberdeen but given he's played for us since 1996 and before that Huntly he probably counts as well. Tom Parratt is from Inverness but hasn't played much at all for the first team as of yet and Richard Hastings was born in, and represents internationally, Canada he too grew up in Inverness (or perhaps Nairn?).

Archived