Forres Mechanics

rocksolid

Richard Hastings was born in, and represents internationally, Canada he too grew up in Inverness (or perhaps Nairn?).

I thought he just qualified through the granny rule? :unsure:

He I recently discovered I could actually qualify to play for Canada and revived my hopes of playing international football, until my brother reminded me it would be easier to get a game for Scotland these days anyway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guinness_Alan

I would say that is the Forres bubble well and truely burst now. I hope you enjoyed that win Ayr Delighted!

I can confirm that we did indeed enjoy what was a thoroughly deserved win for the Speysiders. :D

We enjoyed the rest of Saturday in the Rothes Social Club as well! :guinness:cheers:guinness

Thats what happens when Rowan (Spanky)'s Dad helps out Dave MacKay in the managerial role!

Ill have to give my mate pelters next time I see him, he would have been playing unless he was injured.

Apparently Ali Ridgers went off injured after 10 minutes and Clach had no sub goalie to replace him with. That kind of explains it I suppose :(

Guest Caleynod

Apparently Ali Ridgers went off injured after 10 minutes and Clach had no sub goalie to replace him with. That kind of explains it I suppose :(

Nah Ally Ridgers got sent off after 10 minutes, a rookie keeper replaced him(Masterton?)

• 2 weeks later...

They weren't the worst team we've played this season as they turned out. A lot of teams this season have capitulated after going 2-0 down, but they didn't.

Having said that, they were reasonably easy opposition.

If there was to be HFL expansion (and I hope there is), I would prefer to see the league expand geographically as well as purely in numbers, opening up the likes of Argyll in the west and Kincardineshire in the east to HFL level football.

As previously stated in this thread the Highland League isnt actually very "Highland" at all now. Oban would be obvious addition if youre looking at bringing in new Highland clubs to balance it up. Oban Saints dont have much of a support though and Oban is still more of a shinty town. Id love to see a Skye side or a Western Isles side getting a shot but the logistics are obviously the big problem. Stornoway Athletic against Cove Rangers is going to involve a lot of travelling.

Archived