Forres Mechanics

rocksolid

Any info on this lot? We've drawn them in the Scottish Cup and it's fair to say they're an unknown quantity to us.

I know Pele Paterson is their manager but that's about it. Who are their best players and how have they looked this season?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Ross County player Steven Mackay has apparently been playing very well for them. He had a bright future with us before he seemed to lose his way a bit. Left sided player, not sure if he's been playing left back or left midfield. I think They also have another former County youngster in Craig Campbell on the right side, he also looked promising before he disappeared from the picture.

I believe they've still got Charlie Brown upfront too.

What about Snoopy - where does he play?

It was just asking for somebody to say that.

715590[/snapback]

We've all done it. ;)

He must be getting on a bit now but he used to stand out for them. Always thought he looked capable of taking a step up to the SFL. Should be a tough match for yerselves as they've been doing well in the HL this season and have some decent ex-County and caley prospects (ie Craig MacMillan).

Forres are a pretty good team, Patterson was given some cash in the summer to spend and he spent it well putting together a decent side, that may challenge for the league this season.

We played our full strength side against them a few weeks back in the North Cup semi final. They beat us 2-0 but could've been 3 or 4. They outplayed us and out muscled us, playing some good passing football.

As-well as Ex- Ross County, Steven McKay and Craig Campbell are also two ex-Elgin players, amoungst a few other Ex-Elginers at Forres and they are both having great seasons apparently. Thier strikeforce of Craig MacMillan and Charlie Brown will be one to look out for, both great players, id have at Elgin in a second.

I know i've heaped loads of praise on Forres, but after the way they played against us and after some results they've had this season, i honestly think they could pull off a shock against Dumbarton.

Souter, if you've read this (and no doubt you will) i bet you dont agree with me one bit!

Guest nelliebucket

I know its early days to be talking about it but what odds to do you reckon you could get on Forres, it looks like a chance of an upset.

715724[/snapback]

Probably about the same odds as Hearts winning the SPL.

715756[/snapback]

Safe as houses then, eh?

FTOF

Rock Solid Forres are a good team this season and scoring loads o goals. Nae one o the best supported teams but wi this being the Scottish Cup they might tak doon a decent support.I could see Forres pulling off a shock so yiv been warned. They beat East Stirling at home aboot 3 seasons ago tae get a match at Tannadice in the 3rd roon

Souter, if you've read this (and no doubt you will) i bet you dont agree with me one bit!

716151[/snapback]

Of course I've read it! I never miss a word of wisdom from skiterfan. You may shocked, however, to read that I do agree with you (reluctantly). The Forres bubble just doesn't seem to want to burst and if they keep their league and cup form going over the next month they will go down to Dumbarton with a lot of confidence and I can see them winning. It won't be easy for them as Dumbarton are a Second Division side, but the Muppets are capable of getting a replay at least.

At this stage I would have the Muppets as slight favourites, but that may change over the next month as the form of both teams will have an effect in a closely-matched tie.

Ross County played them pre-season and they looked a pretty good team. County won the game 2-0, but both goals were scored int he final 10 minutes of the match.

The only question mark over them is whether Pele will still be their manager when you play them - or could he be at Ross County by then !!

Just had a look at the Highland League table, and Forres are five points adrift of top sopt,yet have four games in hand..

Edited to add -

A few links that may interest you

Highland League Website

Can Cans Unofficial Site

Any info on this lot? We've drawn them in the Scottish Cup and it's fair to say they're an unknown quantity to us.

I know Pele Paterson is their manager but that's about it. Who are their best players and how have they looked this season?

715173[/snapback]

They're good if your car needs fixing :rolleyes:

They're good if your car needs fixing :rolleyes:

727898[/snapback]

Reminds me of a time years ago when I was passing through Forres and my mate piped up "we're alright if we break down here". I nodded knowingly and a few seconds later the two wifes in the back took the bait.

:lol::lol:

I would imagine that since they haven't been in teh Scottish cup for a number of seasons they would be likely to take a biggish crowd of around 2-300 for the game. However this could easily be doubled if they are anywhere near the top of the league.

At least their hardcore home support will travel which is around 250.

Archived