Project Genesis Implementation No 1

As you will see we have made a number of changes this morning to the whole structure of the forum. These changes have been implemented under the advertised banner of "Project Genesis" which we advised our visitors about a couple of weeks back.

Changes implemented this morning are as follows;

* All general nonsense forums have now been merged together

* All e-chat forums have now been merged together

* A new category of Scottish League Football has been created

* All divisional forums have now been moved to this new category

* Rumour mills for each division are now sub-forums of the main division forum

* Tartan Army, regional and junior forums are now in a new category

* Stadium forum has been removed. Posts there are now in first division chatter

Please note that NO posts have been deleted or removed as part of these changes, forums have simply been moved around or merged together.

Tha aim of these changes is to make the forum easier to moderate, and to provide a large general nonsense forum where all of our visitors can participate.

It is important that each of our visitors follows the rules of each forum. Do not post non football related chat into the football forums, or the moderators will move it to general nonsense and will not leave a link through to the moved topic !

We have also appointed a new moderator, Frank Booth aka Tom Williamson who has a wealth of moderating experience on one of our network sites at blackandwhitearmy.com.

This is only the very first part of our implementation of Project Genesis. We still have the following to achieve;

* Selection and recruitment of more mods

* Assigning mods to divisional boards

* Review of the "Nightshift" forum (now a sub forum of General Nonsense)

* Forum upgrade to the latest greatest version

* Completion of our team bios on the homepage

* Review of potential revenue streams for the site

* Linked to the above - the running of site wide competitions

Please let me know what you think of the changes so far, this is the first time we have made such a dramatic change to the forums since our launch. We will continue to monitor the forums and make changes as and when we think they are required so please let me know what you think !

Thanks for reading and apologies for any inconvenience during downtime this morning. The changes took us 47 minutes to complete :D

Not liking it at the minute but no one likes change when you are used to something. There is no need for so many General Nonsense forums as there was so a good change there but it will be weird sharing it with Elgin fans! :lol:

As you will see we have made a number of changes this morning to the whole structure of the forum. These changes have been implemented under the advertised banner of "Project Genesis" which we advised our visitors about a couple of weeks back.

Changes implemented this morning are as follows;

* All general nonsense forums have now been merged together

* All e-chat forums have now been merged together

* A new category of Scottish League Football has been created

* All divisional forums have now been moved to this new category

* Rumour mills for each division are now sub-forums of the main division forum

* Tartan Army, regional and junior forums are now in a new category

* Stadium forum has been removed. Posts there are now in first division chatter

Please note that NO posts have been deleted or removed as part of these changes, forums have simply been moved around or merged together.

Tha aim of these changes is to make the forum easier to moderate, and to provide a large general nonsense forum where all of our visitors can participate.

It is important that each of our visitors follows the rules of each forum. Do not post non football related chat into the football forums, or the moderators will move it to general nonsense and will not leave a link through to the moved topic !

We have also appointed a new moderator, Frank Booth aka Tom Williamson who has a wealth of moderating experience on one of our network sites at blackandwhitearmy.com.

This is only the very first part of our implementation of Project Genesis. We still have the following to achieve;

* Selection and recruitment of more mods

* Assigning mods to divisional boards

* Review of the "Nightshift" forum (now a sub forum of General Nonsense)

* Forum upgrade to the latest greatest version

* Completion of our team bios on the homepage

* Review of potential revenue streams for the site

* Linked to the above - the running of site wide competitions

Please let me know what you think of the changes so far, this is the first time we have made such a dramatic change to the forums since our launch. We will continue to monitor the forums and make changes as and when we think they are required so please let me know what you think !

Thanks for reading and apologies for any inconvenience during downtime this morning. The changes took us 47 minutes to complete  :D

713943[/snapback]

You must have had too much spare time to think about it all whilst in Santa Ponsa...

:lol::lol:

You must have had too much spare time to think about  it all whilst in Santa Ponsa...

:lol:  :lol:

714563[/snapback]

:P

Thought it up inside the 47 minutes I had this morning. And that was with a hangover and having to contend with junior Div who was determined to get his grubby wee weetabix covered paws on my laptop :)

Thought it up inside the 47 minutes I had this morning. And that was with a hangover and having to contend with junior Div who was determined to get his grubby wee weetabix covered paws on my laptop  :)

714656[/snapback]

Good stuff.

Some amount of rain though.

Took me a while to get used to the new layout myself, but I am liking it a lot now :D

I don't normally like to blow my own trumpet of course, only Mrs Div is allowed to do that :P

Took me a while to get used to the new layout myself, but I am liking it a lot now  :D

I don't normally like to blow my own trumpet of course, only Mrs Div is allowed to do that  :P

714736[/snapback]

Mods, please move this smut to the Nightshift please !! ;)

Archived