3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I feel that Scottish Water are not the best authority on this, so I have been on the Thames Water website.

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/sitecore/content/Corporate/Corporate/Media/News-releases/Wet-Wipe-Challenge

Rather than just saying “don’t do it” they give advice on some alternatives. 

• Add cleansing foam to pre-moisten your toilet paper. It’s just as good as a wet wipe, but a million times better for the sewers. Remember the three Ps for flushing, pee, poo and paper.

First question: WTF is cleansing foam?

Presumably it's one of these frothy soap dispensers you get in some places. 

Wet arse perverts, simply point your foul ring towards the door, balance a bonio at the top of your cleft and call the dog. Hey presto! A clean and wet ring. 

(can be adapted to use iams for cats, with a far greater degree of difficulty) 

I feel that Scottish Water are not the best authority on this, so I have been on the Thames Water website.
https://www.thameswater.co.uk/sitecore/content/Corporate/Corporate/Media/News-releases/Wet-Wipe-Challenge
Rather than just saying “don’t do it” they give advice on some alternatives. 
  • Add cleansing foam to pre-moisten your toilet paper. It’s just as good as a wet wipe, but a million times better for the sewers. Remember the three Ps for flushing, pee, poo and paper.
First question: WTF is cleansing foam?
Presumably thiseng_pm_Cif-Citrus-Burst-cleansing-foam-for-bathroom-500ml-71142_1.jpg

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As an ecologically aware man who likes to keep his rosebud shiny and clean, I use paper for the main work but finish off with a single flushable wet wipe, which the experts say is fine. It's when you flush several wipes at the same time that the problems arise.

Exactly what I do.  A clean anus is a great anus.

Just remembered that they sell flushable cat litter in the States. Their sewage pipes must be huge in comparison to our wee Victorian ones.

Carry on.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
Just teach the cat to shite in the toilet! This prevents the poor wee fishes eating cat litter too.

Well if they are tanning the cat litter on top of all the flushable wipes we feed them thats just plain greed

Bentonite Clay is one of the most commonly used substances in cat litter. It's also a common ingredient in bullshit detox and cleansing products for humans.

Next time someone you know decides they need to go on a detox regime, save them some money and buy them some of kitty's finest.

Just teach the cat to shite in the toilet! This prevents the poor wee fishes eating cat litter too.
The missus wants to do that. I'm firmly letting her take control of that one, I don't want to be needing a shit and one of my two mentalists is sitting reading the paper ffs.

• 2 years later...

Noticed on the pack of toilet wet wipes I use that they’ve added an FSC ‘Fine to Flush’ accreditation to the packet.

https://www.water.org.uk/policy-topics/managing-sewage-and-drainage/fine-to-flush/

@Scary Bear you no longer have to have a disgusting, shitey arse! You can keep your conscience (and more importantly your arse) properly clean now.