2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Again, like I said before... If you got human shit on any other part of your person, would a quik wipe with dry paper suffice? No, would it f**k. You would ridicule the suggester of this as a manky hoor

Again with this! Do you flush them down the toilet afterwards?

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If we weren’t such disgusting b*****ds (see Stellaboz and Scary Bear) that have decided wiping with dry paper only is suitable, and had adopted bidets then we wouldn’t need wet wipes either. I am still a little bit unsure how you use a bidet, particularly in drying your arse as surely there isn’t some sort of shared towel, but they are clearly the correct way to go.

If we were all as irresponsible and selfish as the Falkirk dwarf and your disgraceful self the sewage system would pack in and we’d all end up shitting in buckets and throwing it out the window into the streets, like in medieval times. Now with added shitty wetwipes.

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If we were all as irresponsible and selfish as the Falkirk dwarf and your disgraceful self the sewage system would pack in and we’d all end up shitting in buckets and throwing it out the window into the streets, like in medieval times. Now with added shitty wetwipes.

You’ve convinced me, I’ll just start using the wife’s face cloth instead 

I will scrape and dab away a mountain of bog roll to ensure dung funnel cleanliness. A quick wet one when available helps. I'm quite happy to create a future environmental disaster to avoid a dangleberry or clingy, slidey arse situation.
Same here sarge, keep the valley between the mountains clean and dry.

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ever had to do it if you're visiting people?

Just been in the hospital and they were threatening to make me do it there. Well, the shit in a bucket (commode) part. Not sure they’d have thanked me for throwing it out the window afterwards. Not a wet wipe in sight either. Even hospitals seem to think bog roll is the way to do it. Filthy beggars. Maybe they need a Wet Wipe Tsar at the NHS who can promote better wiping.

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

My stool is immaculate and leaves little to no residue waste. Maybe if you all improved your diet you'd stop killing the ocean.

I bet the ones who need wet wipes eat a lot of chocolate and other unhealthy shite. It’ll be like shitey clay.

Edited by Scary Bear

Where I am.  many places don't have flushing toilets and we have to pour a bucket or three of water down the toilet to manually flush (no, not Dundee) - all well and good if there is a bucket of water ready but a tad embarrassing if you need a couple of refills to get the job done.   Worse still is the potential splashback  - not a good look with splatters of shit over your shirt/shorts. 

25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Where I am.  many places don't have flushing toilets and we have to pour a bucket or three of water down the toilet to manually flush (no, not Dundee) - all well and good if there is a bucket of water ready but a tad embarrassing if you need a couple of refills to get the job done.   Worse still is the potential splashback  - not a good look with splatters of shit over your shirt/shorts. 

Please clarify your point, caller. Do you now use wet wipes? If so, do you flush them down the toilet? Are fatbergs an issue in Hong Kong?

37 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Please clarify your point, caller. Do you now use wet wipes? If so, do you flush them down the toilet? Are fatbergs an issue in Hong Kong?

To answer your 1st question  - not now and not ever.  As for fatbergs in Hong Kong - there were a few chubby Chinese but I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying they were fatbergs.

P.S.   I was talking about the situation in the Philippines. 

99% of toilet paper gives humans ring sting.  Why would you want your arse to be burning the rest of the day?  Get those wet wipes used for a good wipe.  

As an ecologically aware man who likes to keep his rosebud shiny and clean, I use paper for the main work but finish off with a single flushable wet wipe, which the experts say is fine. It's when you flush several wipes at the same time that the problems arise.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As an ecologically aware man who likes to keep his rosebud shiny and clean, I use paper for the main work but finish off with a single flushable wet wipe, which the experts say is fine. It's when you flush several wipes at the same time that the problems arise.

So, Scottish Water’s advice that no wet wipes should be flushed has been trumped by your experts?

Good to know. Who are these arse-wiping experts?

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Also

https://www.scottishwater.co.uk/you-and-your-home/your-home/keep-the-water-cycle-running-smoothly/know-your-bathroom-checklist

It’s easy in the bathroom just follow our Three P’s rule and only flush pee, poo and toilet paper. 

Everything else should go in the bin, not down your toilet - check out the bathroom checklist of ‘never flush’ items below:

1. all wipes (baby, personal cleansing, toilet and household cleaning) - even if the pack says ‘flushable’

I feel that Scottish Water are not the best authority on this, so I have been on the Thames Water website.

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/sitecore/content/Corporate/Corporate/Media/News-releases/Wet-Wipe-Challenge

Rather than just saying “don’t do it” they give advice on some alternatives. 

• Add cleansing foam to pre-moisten your toilet paper. It’s just as good as a wet wipe, but a million times better for the sewers. Remember the three Ps for flushing, pee, poo and paper.

First question: WTF is cleansing foam?