Stirling v Clyde

Time for a group hug. Best ninety odds minutes I have watched this season. Cracking playing surface for February.  Large queues to enter and can't remember any fans leaving early. 

On a biased note. I hope Stirling can continue push for title. If not, on that showing both sides deserve to be in playoffs. Could my nerves take it?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ps. Who was your no2. Strolled it

Number 2 was Ross McGeachie. Has played for us for a number of years after coming through the youth system. Very much our unsung hero and someone I believe could play slightly higher up.

You(s) are right though, he was outstanding again yesterday.

Too far away from the one where Peaso was booked for diving so not sure if it was or wasn't, but he did definitely dive earlier on near the corner flag and Callum Home was booked for the foul, so swings and roundabouts. I love Peaso but there's no doubt he likes a dive, so aye, win some/lose some. Darren Smith is class, mental decision to half two centre halves out at full back with him running at them.  All in all a fairly even game with chances for both teams but Stirling were good for the win I thought, no complaints. Good side, good manager. Despite them giving it the big yin on here I thought Stirlings fans were pretty quiet again, so I can only imagine the young, braindead section stayed at home.

7 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Showcases your level of mentality in a single statement quite nicely. At least your “boys” kept themselves content by hurling vitriol at a player whilst another of our players has been dragged through the muck for the last fortnight over the very same thing (allegedly)emoji1303.png

And let’s not pretend for a second that you wouldn’t shite your pants if given the opportunity to do so outwith the stadium. Safety in numbers eh? Absolute tosser.

FB_IMG_1507391070216.jpg

Have to agree with the fans on here summarising the game as a decent encounter for this level, always a good crowd for Clyde games and they do look a decent outfit under new management, would have been a top of the table clash on another day.

Over the course Stirling deserved the win, for the first time in a long time we have a sound midfield that are together and tidy which helps massively, Barr seemed to embrace the Goodwillie threat who let's face it, is a danger when in possession at all times so that was pleasing.

Nicholls is a presence for Clyde and a decent enough player, he did have an off day yesterday tho and was a tad fortunate to be on the park and probably why he was hooked.

Decent chance to keep the momentum going on Tuesday [emoji106]

Enjoyed the game yesterday, despite the result. Two good teams, playing an open attacking style led to an entertaining match with plenty of incident. A decent ground and a decent crowd, felt like what going to the football should be like, an all to rare experience at this level sadly.

Fair play to Stirling for edging it, they are a strong side and will be a shoe in for a play off spot now I imagine.

As for us, the difference in style from earlier in the season is massive. Rarely launching the long ball and lots of passing and movement in midfield, was enjoyable to watch. As many others have pointed out the lack of natural full backs cost us against stronger opposition.

For me Lowden has the potential to be the best left back in the league and Stewart is a solid and dependable performer there too although not as good an attacking outlet as Lowden. The fact that neither of them are playing is a surprise. Right back is more of a problem as Duffie has not impressed. Maybe need to play a natural wide player like Martin ahead off Lang to compensate for Lang’s deficiencies going forward. The lack of natural width in midfield was apparent yesterday and having a natural full back like Lowden bombing forward would have made a big difference.

While we face a daunting away trip to Peterhead midweek stenny are at home to Cowdenbeath and Stirling at home to Edinburgh. Our hopes of reaching the play offs were always faint but after midweek could easily be non existent. Lots of positives to build on though, let’s aim to reel in Annan and Elgin and go for a surprising rare top half finish.

We might not have won but I enjoyed that yesterday. It was a fairly entertaining game where both teams could have got a few more goals each. Not going to bang on about the crowd but it does help when you’ve got a fairly vocal away support, always makes it a bit more enjoyable. 

Goodwillie’s miss at 1-1 seemed to give Stirling a lift, not long after half time.

Our defence looked uncomfortable against two very good strikers in this division, can’t think of any other team who play with the two up & play on the centre halves (my mind might just be blank). 

Lang had a poor game & i’m not convinced with the young lad at left back. We will learn from that match & aim to finish the season on a high before starting our first whole campaign with Lennon & Moore at the helm. 

Spoke to a few Stirling fans after the match who were brand new & very fair in their evaluation of the game. 

Lets just hope we don’t get snowed in on Tuesday up in Peterhead. 

pretty decent game i thought, and as i hadn't been for a while it was clear to see the improvement in the team the Lennon has acheived. Should hopefully allow us to challenge next season.

On the game itself, the early goal was clearly a bad thing for us as it allowed Stirling to make things very tight in the midfield and up front. I was impressed at how quickly they were at closing the ball down which made it very difficult for us to get forward. However this was helped by our total lack of width. Eventually we did get an equaliser which meant that the start of the second half was a lot more open. Goodie missed a sitter and we also had a great shot come off the post but at the other end Peaso has a gilt edged chance to score (I agree with Stirling fans in that i don't see why he would dive in that situation) and the ball cleared off the line. Unfortunately from our perspective Stirling went on to score and it was clear they knew where we were vulnerable. The two fullbacks looked completly out of their depth all game, with Stirling players able to get down the wing, step in and cross the ball whenever they liked.

Overall,  whilst disappointed with the result, it was an enjoyable game, there are clear improvements in the team and i feel we should have a good chance of getting a midtable finish whilst Stirling will push the top two.

I do think Clyde will take something from the Peterhead game, might even sneak it, just depends on how your centre backs get on against McAllister and McLean.  But Peterhead have not been the all invincible conquering team many predicted so let's see.  With Goodwillie in your side you will always be in with a shout.

I do like a dig at Clyde fans but if I'm honest, I enjoy the games between the two teams. like others have said, you get at least something resembling a crowd and the games are rarely dull.

IF we weren't to go up this year I would probably have both teams as pre season favourites for next year.....Clyde just behind us you understand

IF we weren't to go up this year I would probably have both teams as pre season favourites for next year.....Clyde just behind us you understand

It’s a massive long shot now and it will take ourselves or Stenny to totally crumble......but there will be twists and turns before the season ends and if this does happen (highly unlikely but IF) and Clyde keep playing like that, then I think it will be Clyde who’ll slip in before Elgin or Annan.

Pretty sure there was a camera in our stand, may be wrong though. 

Was probably a student from the Uni. They send the highlights to the SPFL. Up to them if they release it or not.

Archived