Stirling v Clyde

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A beautiful slide tackle into the bottom corner from Nicoll. Trademark.

Both sides are looking dangerous, Stirling in particular are picking up a lot of second balls and finding a few gaps. Home is being run ragged a wee bit by Peaso and will need to be careful to avoid dismissal, while McNiff next to him is his shaky self. In fact, none of the back four have had a very good game thus far. Clyde finished the half strongly though, and in Boyle and Goodwillie we have two players up there who can create something out of nothing.

More goals in this game.

Stirling probably shaded it might have been different game if Mcstay shot went in, but suppose Stirling could say the same with goal off line think today showed us that the defence is a problem midfield I thought played well final ball was just wrong option . It was always about next season for us got a good foundation couple of defenders and we won't be far off cracking support through today

What a result. 10 points off Montrose with 2 games in hand..

Not sour grapes but Stirling don't look like a team that will make that points gap up also don't think you are going to get above peterhead maybe catch one of them not two though

We’ve played a lot worse but thought Stirling got their tactics spot on. Our full backs struggled most of the game and I felt we played too narrow at times. 

Huge blow in terms of the play offs but there’s no denying we’re night and day from the first half of the season. 

What an infuriating game and what a stupid one to have lost. All on Lennon, too. Can't blame the players.

Everything I've ever written about that back four was vindicated in the first ten minutes, and then for the rest of the match.

You cannot stick those four players out against a team playing two reasonably mobile centre-forwards and genuine wingers on each side; not if we want to play high up the pitch, take the game to a team and win it that way. No chance whatever.

So can we now resolve that Lang and Cogill aren't fucking full-backs? Suffering Christ. And that to have them there, and a couple of absolute slow-pokes inside of them, is absolute self-harm.

Our use of the ball from the back today was an onion on the eye; a sting really did precede the tears. Diabolical. And then to see Cogill and Lang have to deal with players running at them, and big space round about them, fucking hell. Agony.

Cogill and Lang's performance didn't contain 'mistakes'; mistakes are what you make when you can do better, but don't. And if anyone does think what we saw today was the consequence of 'mistakes', would anyone like a bet that uncannily similar, ahem, mistakes will feature in future matches on the part of the same players?

Jesus. It's like having the best car money can buy, but deciding to wax it with keech. We've got so much quality through midfield and up-top. More than anyone in the division, by a real distance now. And we persist with those four at the back. Fuckety-f**k-f**k-f**k.

Wonderful performance by the Beanos, delighted with the 3 points and in truth, we could of won 4-1 in the end with the ball crossing the line and it not being given (I was in line) and Peaso being denied a stonewall penalty near the start of the 2nd half.

Will posts little more later but I thought everyone played well today, a performance to be proud of and it was great seeing Andy Little back on the pitch after everything that has happened.

Thought Clyde looked a lot better today than when Chapman was Manager, but you’re right about the back 4.

My hat goes off to the fans tonight, over 1,000 at the game, well done and superb!

Happy tonight [emoji3]

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Wonderful performance by the Beanos, delighted with the 3 points and in truth, we could of won 4-1 in the end with the ball crossing the line and it not being given (I was in line) and Peaso being denied a stonewall penalty near the start of the 2nd half.

Well posts little more later but I thought everyone played well today, a performance to be proud of and it was great seeing sandy Little back on the pitch after everything that has happened.

Thought Clyde looked a lot better today than when Chapman was Manager, but you’re right about the back 4.

My hat goes off to the fans tonight, over 1,000 at the game, well done and superb!

Happy tonight emoji3.png

Sometimes wonder what we’d be like if we had kept Peaso. A shame with the circumstances. 

Aye: I should say that Stirling were every bit the package you expect. Dynamic; right good mix of experienced and in-prime players. Just a good solid team at this level, no surprise that they stick one or two by most teams. Still fancy they could win it, like I said at the start of the season. Them and Mo' have the best managers, for my money, and the best teams as a consequence.

Stewart (LB) Cogill (LCB) Lang (RCB) Duffie (RB). Listen e' me Danny, son. I'm beggin' ye. :( Just give it a try.

With the exception of quarter of an hour around the equaliser, Albion bossed the game throughout and with a bit of luck could easily had three or four.

Clyde rely on Goodwillie but the petulant child lost interest in second half and Nicol did his usual fouling with impunity before the ref eventually gave him the yellow at least three of his tackles richly deserved.

How the linesman misses the obvious goal and the ref fails to give the penalty is beyond me but in the end not required. We march on.

Thanks for the game

Archived