West of Scotland Quarter Final Draw

josecc

Guest Mick Kennedy

Still plenty of football to be played, my experience over the years tells me anything can happen.

Good luck to everyone left in the competition 

I wouldn't rule it out! I have to say Shortlees have some team Spirt/ battling qualities. Keir and possibly Gold apart they have a really high level of player in their squad but imo not top top level. But their "scheme team" mentality mixed with the obvious high in quality player makes them so hard to beat ! There may be better quality left in both the majors but I just can't see Shortlees level of togetherness matched.

Watched Dumbarton v Goldenhill yesterday. I was impressed by both teams in a tight match. Gowdie better first half, Dumbarton better in the second half. Both teams have the qualities to give any amateur team problems. Mick is right, anything can happen in football and usually does.

Guest Mick Kennedy
50 minutes ago, das scooter boy said:

Wee Shortlees v Colville final would be nice 

It would be good to see old friends. 

Loads of football still to be played tho. 

What a great job, Cunny, Billy the players have done in turning them into contenders for both majors 

2 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I wouldn't rule it out! I have to say Shortlees have some team Spirt/ battling qualities. Keir and possibly Gold apart they have a really high level of player in their squad but imo not top top level. But their "scheme team" mentality mixed with the obvious high in quality player makes them so hard to beat ! There may be better quality left in both the majors but I just can't see Shortlees level of togetherness matched.

Shortlees are a 1 man team. We all know that 

32 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Says a lot about the rest of these "top teams" then if they can't handle one player

We all know Keir and Joes qualities but for me Shortlees's best player this season has been Pele.

Week in week out he has been top drawer with his goals and his work off the ball

If you watch Shortlees regularly you will know what i mean

We all know Keir and Joes qualities but for me Shortlees's best player this season has been Pele.
Week in week out he has been top drawer with his goals and his work off the ball
If you watch Shortlees regularly you will know what i mean
I played in the school team with him and can remember him striking the worst penalty I've ever seen any human being take during a Scottish cup tie. Glad he's still performing at a good level.

Easy win for Shotless this weekend against Dumbarton then if this thread is anything to go by

I personally don't mean to come across like Shortlees are going to beat any of these top teams easy or that they will win any the majors. Thy are capable without a doubt but also have had relatively comfortable draws so far. Cupar hearts and Oban the only real challenges and both at home .

Archived