Highland Hammerers Of The Crusaders -vs- Jim Duffy's Diddy Men

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched second half on Sunday, that was one hell of a penalty effort.

The playing surface looks very poor. I Know you have had a few games postponed recently but has the drainage failed or has the rain/snowfall been that bad?

Surface may not be conducive to our style of football so hope we manage a draw, will be glad to get the points at the rock tonight, 

3rd away game in 7 days and its the  toughest of the 3.'

ICT won 4 of their last 5 home games, drawing the other one so its a right hard place to go and pick up 3 points.

Hopefully no fresh injuries after last night. Luca went off but uncertain how serious it was. Iredale missed out but hopefully he is back in contention. Good to see big Lamie put in a solid performance last night too.  McHugh had a frustrating night, wouldn't mind seeing Tiff come back in for him.

Anyone know the deal with Thomson? Been out 5-6 weeks now and very little info on his current situation.

A draw would be a decent result as long as we follow it up with a win at home to Livvy on Tues.  A min of 4 points from those 2 would be a good return. A big hats off to anyone who makes the trip up. A lot of away games at the moment so wouldn't be surprised if many regulars give this one a miss.

18 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Watched second half on Sunday, that was one hell of a penalty effort.

The playing surface looks very poor. I Know you have had a few games postponed recently but has the drainage failed or has the rain/snowfall been that bad?

Surface may not be conducive to our style of football so hope we manage a draw, will be glad to get the points at the rock tonight, 

Drainage has been fucked ever since USH was installed but I don't recall the pitch looking this bad in a long time. It has been pretty wet for a good while up north but I think the main reason is that the club hasn't really bothered with much pitch protection during the bad weather.

In my previous three visits to this ground the aggregate scoreline has been 13-1 to Inverness. Reasonably confident that we won't be adding to that horrendously one-sided total again, but it isn't a happy hunting ground for us. An away win could stick a fork in just about every team's play-off chances beneath us: I'd take a draw though. 

My one and only visit to Inverness seen us get rode 4-0 in the cup five years ago. Seems obvious to me that my second visit won't go the same way. I'm going to reasonably confidently predict a win here. We're in a decent wee bit of form right now, which needless tinkering doesn't seem to be doing too much to harm.

25 minutes ago, madton said:

How has he been for you boys?

Odd that you would let him go to a playoff rival if he's been good....

Works hard, runs about a lot, doesn't score. That's basically it.

He gets absolute pelters from our fans when he misses a chance but when some of the crowd favourites like Mulraney shank a cross for the millionth time they get cheered.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Basically an older version of Gary Oliver*

*He does actually do a lot more than score goals but his finishing is poor. 

Harsh on Oliver.

Think his finishing is actually pretty decent.  Quite composed when he gets in the right position, recent goals against Dunfermline and QOTS are good examples of that.

Harsh on Oliver.
Think his finishing is actually pretty decent.  Quite composed when he gets in the right position, recent goals against Dunfermline and QOTS are good examples of that.

But equally likely to miss a hat full of chances like on Tuesday.

Archived