Queens Park vs Forfar

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Remarkable turnaround in the Forfar PnB camp since Xmas. Short ropes and razor blades scattered everywhere and Jim Weir was a numpty. 2 or 3 decent performances and your coming to the big Hampden to play fitba' now. Starting to look like a Clyde thread.

Free packet of travel hankies at the McAlpine lounge for the journey home lads. :whistle

It's the hope that kills you. Without hope we would be QP fans:P

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note I'm sure all supporters look forward to their day out at Hampden. What a buzz it must be for the players, the joiners and the brickies to play on the hallowed turf with all the history, Baxter Bremner etc etc. 

It is part of Scottish heritage and would be a sad loss to all of us who support the lower league teams.

On a more serious note I'm sure all supporters look forward to their day out at Hampden. What a buzz it must be for the players, the joiners and the brickies to play on the hallowed turf with all the history, Baxter Bremner etc etc. 
It is part of Scottish heritage and would be a sad loss to all of us who support the lower league teams.

Aye.I heard one of the beatles played there but turned out it was a slater.

Gutted we didn't get a win today. Had some great opportunities to kill the game but quite frankly we aren't good enough defensively to see out any game. The frustrating factor is that before our 2nd goal, we were playing decent fast football, however as soon as we score, we decide to sit back and invite pressure to the opposition, inevitably conceding. That may of worked last year with Mcgeever and Muir playing but it won't work now. Too many occasions we've conceded within the last 15 minutes. Still think that letting Muir go has been the biggest mistake Gus has made. White never seems to save any semi decent shots, like the free kick today and it's costing us badly. Overall, I thought we played well. Galt was always a threat and it's great to see a goal scorer in the team now with Keena, definitely has a big future ahead of him. Quite frankly 3 points are a must on Saturday, especially if Albion pick up a result on Tuesday night. 

We got off to the best possible start with a goal in the 4th minute. A quick release from McCallum found Dale and his pace got him clear of the defenders. We failed to exploit his pace for the rest of the game and our performance could best be described as flat. QP played a decent passing game and deserved their 2 goals. 

Malone on a yellow is always a worry and with Travis on the bench should have been subbed.

Hurst gave us 5 minutes then faded. Peters looked good when he came on.

Whyte looked decent when he was pushed into mid field and might give us the bit of dig we so need.

A well taken free kick by Easton got us out of jail. Maybe Dylan could just play the easy ball from the  middle down the channels and give the front guys something to run onto as opposed to trying to dribble his way past the back 4.

Back to the drawing board Jim.

Just about sums it up Victor.  Shame we took the foot off the gas after the opener.

I think we were a tad fortunate not to have Millar sent off as well. If he hadn't gone off injured I think the ref might have given him a 2nd yellow.

On a different note - nice friendly QP bar facilities next to wee Hampden.

Archived