Raith Rovers v Arbroath (24/02/18)

That's the thing though - we do need to be playing Vaughan up front. 

If he plays further forward and Robertson returns to the midfield we're a different team.

On Robertson, I'd say that our promotion depends on his fitness. If he's out for any length of time we're done.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing though - we do need to be playing Vaughan up front. 
If he plays further forward and Robertson returns to the midfield we're a different team.
On Robertson, I'd say that our promotion depends on his fitness. If he's out for any length of time we're done.

Does that mean, Robertson could be in with a shout for player of the year then? I was starting to think about this the other day. I’d have had Dave McKay as my player of the year so far but that probably will not happen now with him being unfairly dropped( Imo) for Bene to come back in

McKay did well in the fact I don’t think anyone expected him to step up the way he did. Wouldn’t have him as player of the year material though.

Between Vaughan, Davo and Robertson for me. Murray has impressed me this season too but wouldn’t have him quite in the reckoning for POTY.

Robertson and Matthews is surely the obvious answer in midfield, no? Zanatta and either Barr or Vaughan wide. If it’s Barr, drop Buchanan up front.

Even if Herron is out, Smith has two other CM’s to choose from, one of whom he saw fit to sign last month. No excuses to keep playing Vaughan there. It worked for a wee while but we’ve long since been found out with it.

On PoTY - pretty stunned anyone thinks it isn’t Vaughan.

Robertson and Matthews is surely the obvious answer in midfield, no? Zanatta and either Barr or Vaughan wide. If it’s Barr, drop Buchanan up front.

Even if Herron is out, Smith has two other CM’s to choose from, one of whom he saw fit to sign last month. No excuses to keep playing Vaughan there. It worked for a wee while but we’ve long since been found out with it.

On PoTY - pretty stunned anyone thinks it isn’t Vaughan.

Vaughan was phenomenal for the first 3 months of the season. Since then he’s been shifted into CM where we seem to lose that battle week in, week out nowadays..

With Robertson back would be nice to see Barry set up with Vaughan in a more attacking role.  Smith for some reason has to shoe horn Buchanan and Barr into the team but I think both would benefit from a spell on the bench and coming on in the later stages.  Would be nice to see something like this.

Lennox

Thomson  Davo  Bene  Murray

Robertson  Matthews

Zannatta  Vaughan  Furtado

Spence

Archived