Raith Rovers v Arbroath (24/02/18)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Who cares about the game. All I want to know is are we putting Arbroath fans in the main stand again and if so will we bring our boxing gloves?

Don’t worry. Zi...steakngravy’s solicitor will be watching events carefully and recording any incidents for potential evidence in future court cases. 

Arbroath fans, you have been warned. Watch out or there’ll be criminal proceedings afoot.

Think we will get comfortably beat. I’m not overly keen on the team we’re putting out just now but nobody can seem to beat us so the same team keeps playing, think we’d be found out by the Rovers.

Hoping we go to

Hutton

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

Martin
Whatley

Linn
Mcintosh
Denholm

Wallace

For this one but have a feeling it’ll be a 3-5-2 with Gold and Kader on the wings again and Swankie centre mid. I don’t want to complain too much because I don’t mind our team and we’re the form team in the league ffs [emoji1] but I think we aren’t getting the best out of some of our best players.

Got a game tonight to take care of and then a game next Tuesday to think about too so maybe we will see changes.

Wait and see.

Looking at our remaining fixtures our away games are very tough (Airdrie, Ayr, Stranraer, Arbroath, Forfar). Unfortunately there is nothing to suggest  that we are going to stop dropping points away from home, so this puts added pressure on the home games. I have a feeling that out of our remaining five home games we need maximum points.

Arbroath (other than Ayr and Airdrie) have been far and away the best of the rest to have played at Starks, have a lot of goals in the team and are in good form. Tough game and one where we could do with everything falling into place (they have an off day, we have a good one, early goal etc.). 

Fingers are crossed. Confident based on the home record. Shite'ing it based on the fact its the Rovers and its football.

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Must start Linn and Denholm after tonight. Shouldn’t fear Raith at all

I wasn't aware any one did fear us. Arbroath certainly had a good go last time down at Starks anyway.

If we could ignore our own players and pick from Arbroath’s squad away from home, we’d be nine points clear with a game in hand. A sobering thought.

Assuming we remain patchy on the road we simply have to win our home matches to have a shot at the title. As such we have to win here. Wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if Arbroath took something.

Glad that we're back at Starks. It was utterly brutal to watch on the pitch last week at Cliftonhill and we created very little. Hopefully we'll get some update on when Scott Robertson will be back soon. He was a huge miss for us. Arbroath will fancy their chances, but we've still got a ridiculous record at home.

Archived