Scottish Cup Quater Final Draw

Chis

Just seen the draw, some fantastic ties.

Its a one off cup game & league tables and form goes out the window. 

Locheedfcno1 is right, Beith will be favourites but Lochee are a top side & have proved that this season.  

Rob Roy should progress from there tie fairly comfortably. 

Carnoustie have a hard task against Talbot but if I remember rightly they were unlucky not to cause an upset against them a few year back.

If Bo’ness turn up then they’ll progress, showed that in previous rounds. Recent weeks they’ve got back on track so I think they’ll have too much for Hurlford 

Prediction - 2 West / 2 East semi final 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Surprised that the accusations of skwerr bawz hasn't come up given that the four favourites have all avoided each other. 

According to the betting on page 1 of this thread the 2nd fav plays the 4th fav

11 minutes ago, Shanner said:

This season has proved they're a mid-table side if the league table is any sort of guide. 

3 games in hand of teams above them, win them and there sitting  3rd in the league. 

Think that paints a clear picture of where they are.

1 hour ago, watchful eye said:

Just seen the draw, some fantastic ties.

Its a one off cup game & league tables and form goes out the window. 

Locheedfcno1 is right, Beith will be favourites but Lochee are a top side & have proved that this season.  

Rob Roy should progress from there tie fairly comfortably. 

Carnoustie have a hard task against Talbot but if I remember rightly they were unlucky not to cause an upset against them a few year back.

If Bo’ness turn up then they’ll progress, showed that in previous rounds. Recent weeks they’ve got back on track so I think they’ll have too much for Hurlford 

Prediction - 2 West / 2 East semi final 

We played without a recognised striker that day, hence the close win. Talbot this season are a totally different team with Wilson and Glasgow hitting 40 goals between them so far this season. Doesn't mean we will win at Carnoustie, of course not, but we will certainly have much more up front this time around barring injuries.

1 hour ago, watchful eye said:

Most of the teams will probably feel the draw has given them a chance to progress. It’s hard to bet against Talbot on their form. Hurlford are in the tie if they play well because Bo’ness rely heavily on set plays which they can plan to combat. Beith have players coming back at the right time, although I always think they are more dangerous on the road. Kirkie of all teams will be expecting safe passage.

20 minutes ago, TFW said:

We played without a recognised striker that day, hence the close win. Talbot this season are a totally different team with Wilson and Glasgow hitting 40 goals between them so far this season. Doesn't mean we will win at Carnoustie, of course not, but we will certainly have much more up front this time around barring injuries.

Ach, to be honest Talbot won in a canter that day, cruising with a two goal lead, a late consolation gave the home side some heart and a lively finish. As for the much vaunted Lochee win, they parked the bus big style and needed an extremely contentious decision during the shoot out to go through. C'est la vie, we went to theirs a few seasons later and won comfortably. It's all conjecture and all of those teams will have different personel. Beith are a solid West unit and very hard to beat, Lochee will need to be better that what I have seen, or lucky. Talbot, I think they will go through, but the beauty of cup football is you never know. 

4 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

I think lochee might just be narrow favourites at beith , they seem to be a big noise up east and beith will perhaps enjoy the tag of underdogs come the 17th of march ...........    

Not a hope in hell Lochee will be favourites at Beith

6 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

I think lochee might just be narrow favourites at beith , they seem to be a big noise up east and beith will perhaps enjoy the tag of underdogs come the 17th of march ...........    

Are you hertha/the she’s in disguise lol

Lochee were better that Medda in the last round.  But I M O that isn't saying much. If Lochee are being classed as a "GOOD SIDE" this season,
all I can say is the standard has dropped considerably.  Again I M O it's Talbots to lose
Beith will take at least 3 off Lochee. If it was a home game for Lochee then I could see they would have a chance, but away to Beith they have no chance.

Beith are a robust and effective team who play together. Lochee will find that out soon. And this is coming from a Talbot fan lol

Most of the teams will probably feel the draw has given them a chance to progress. It’s hard to bet against Talbot on their form. Hurlford are in the tie if they play well because Bo’ness rely heavily on set plays which they can plan to combat. Beith have players coming back at the right time, although I always think they are more dangerous on the road. Kirkie of all teams will be expecting safe passage.
Unbeaten away since April 16 and even at that we were 3 nil up in the semi so didn't need to win

10 hours ago, watchful eye said:

3 games in hand of teams above them, win them and there sitting  3rd in the league. 

Think that paints a clear picture of where they are.

Ah, so they're assured of winning those next three games then?  

By that logic I should be congratulating them on reaching the Scottish Cup final. 

Unbeaten away since April 16 and even at that we were 3 nil up in the semi so didn't need to win

Yeah, in the Scottish only which is only about 5 or 6 ties. Overall unbeaten away from home since December 2016 which is far more impressive. Don't have the stats to hand but will be at least 30 games.

Beith will take at least 3 off Lochee. If it was a home game for Lochee then I could see they would have a chance, but away to Beith they have no chance.

Beith are a robust and effective team who play together. Lochee will find that out soon. And this is coming from a Talbot fan lol

How can you say lochee have no chance?? They are in the tie so have a chance. Lochee play together as well It’s all about opinions though. I feel sometimes the west just discard the east teams. There are some really good east teams who do really well. I agree beith are favourites but think it’s out of order saying beith will take 3 off lochee especially people who don’t watch them every week. Hope the beith players honk it will be a walk in the park. They might just be shocked. [emoji106]

Dont listen to the guy he's a Talbot fan , rest assured everyone at beith will give lochee united all the respect going , going to be a cracking tie for sure and bring it on as this is what it's all about .

Good post. Is there a social club or pubs beside ground? Cheers

Archived