Scottish Cup Quater Final Draw

Chis

35 minutes ago, watchful eye said:

No weak sides left, everyone has got there on there own merits.

Very much looking forward to draw though. 

Auchinleck fans - who do you fancy?

Home tie would do then take it from there. It's bound to be Beith though!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, watchful eye said:

The way Talbots playing i would take anyone at home,wouldn't mind a wee foray East if drawn away however you could almost guarantee that  we get Beith.

36 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

The way Talbots playing i would take anyone at home,wouldn't mind a wee foray East if drawn away however you could almost guarantee that  we get Beith.

That's interesting because a lot of the folks I've spoken to think we will get you, at your place.

Can't really agree with that to be honest. Since Beith beat Talbot at the start of the season they have beaten Pollok twice, Glenafton twice, Cumnock, KRR and Hill O Beath! With a few hammerings in there too! 

Beith started the season very strongly but I now feel Talbot are the team to beat. 

2 hours ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Nah not having that at all , Talbot are and always will be the team to beat for me , nobody at beith gets above their station , maybe a few stray fans up in Glasgow but nobody I've ever spoke to would say that .

I thought it would have been Kilbirnie but they seem to have the indian sign over you the same as they did with us.

22 hours ago, watchful eye said:

Anybody, it doesn't matter who we get you have to beat the best team eventually to win it. Must admit though another home tie would be nice, two already this year, most unusual.

34 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

No not really , we've drew with ladeside 3-3  and 1-1 ( when we had 9 men , down to ten for over 45 minutes ) and got beaten 2-3 at home to them so I wouldn't class it as Indian sign material this season  , granted ladeside did have the Indian sign over Talbot for a wee while before this season .

So did the Glens. But we stuck in there and were reaping dividends.

Tickled pink to be in the draw, even if by default.  There's a fair chance the team might not get to the 5th round bearing in mind a new manager will be thrown in at the deep end with a big local derby in the Cup but brilliant just to be in the hat (or glass bowl or whatever). If they do get past Forth and Yoker (and it's encouraging the bookies think that may happen) my ideal draw would be Carnoustie away. That would be a grand day out on the train (hopefully with some decent spring weather) and I grew up a fan of Arbroath in the 1970s so a few of their players came from the Panmure (if I remember correctly CP had a good run in the cup about 1978 and a forward called Steve Mylles joined the Lichties shortly after). One of Arbroath's best players of that era (Tommy Yule) came from Beith but I'd rather avoid them (and the other bookies favourites) for fear of a cricket score.  In all honesty, just to get to the quarters will be amazing , I'll settle for that whatever the draw .

18 hours ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Nah not having that at all , Talbot are and always will be the team to beat for me , nobody at beith gets above their station , maybe a few stray fans up in Glasgow but nobody I've ever spoke to would say that .

Nobody's getting or got above any station-Lok have improved but the destruction inflicted upon the club by Willie Irvine was so severe that it has been a massive rebuilding exercise over many years to get us back to anywhere near competing.At full strength we .are a good side now with some excellent players but not the finished article and we knew that it would be a massive challenge getting anything out of playing the Scottish Cup favourites on their own ground.Tony still has a fair bit to do-he knows it as do the club officials but he and all of the backroom are working tirelessly to get there.Something many fans don't appreciate.

Nobody's getting or got above any station-Lok have improved but the destruction inflicted upon the club by Willie Irvine was so severe that it has been a massive rebuilding exercise over many years to get us back to anywhere near competing.At full strength we .are a good side now with some excellent players but not the finished article and we knew that it would be a massive challenge getting anything out of playing the Scottish Cup favourites on their own ground.Tony still has a fair bit to do-he knows it as do the club officials but he and all of the backroom are working tirelessly to get there.Something many fans don't appreciate.

Listen I get that really I do. The only problem with that statement is the fact of how much was spent on players with no return at all this season. Surely as a fan you would be asking what's went wrong

15 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

So did the Glens. But we stuck in there and were reaping dividends.

We're reaping dividiends Big man, otherwise it looks like the past tense with "were", and the Glens are favoured opponents at the moment.

Archived