Dundee v Motherwell - 24/02/18

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Enjoy...

Caulker costing the Dees a goal, glorious. No idea why any defender let's a ball cross his own six yard box, schoolboy stuff. 

Assume its because all the fouling going on, as Dundee fans seem to be blaming that. 

Sounds like a terrible match...

Moussa...????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

happyaccie is in his sixties remember chaps...????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

Well done Motherwell. Have us well and truly figured out.

McCann blaming the ref again is getting old.

Please no more Moussa Neil.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Wouldn't have been the fact that you committed a lot of fouls would it? As soon as your players were booked they were hooked to allow you to commit more foulsemoji23.png

Aye, that Craig Tanner is a dirty one.

18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Playing with Moussa is like playing with 10 men.

It's not like playing with 10 men, it is playing with 10 men and bumbling stumbling non football playing Tunisian that has somehow pulled the wool over the eyes of a section of our support and our manager. Utterly amazing that our leading scorer sits on the bench while this guy that plays football like a baby elephant with beachball strolls around the pitch.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The saddest thing about today? Tim Keyes flew over from the United States to specifically watch that. What a wasted trip. Forget the result - That wasn't a game to fly 4,700 miles for. :lol:

No I can think of few sadder things than a several hundred millionaire flying on private jet to watch his football team play a game. What's sadder is those of us that bleed Dark Blue watching that week in week out while our money men spend their time talking about crematoriums, flats, ice rinks, new parking for a new stadium all the whilst forgetting the most important part of owning a football club, and that's that the f**king FOOTBALL CLUB!

All the teams around us bar Hamilton have done an airlift while we sat around and allowed ourselves to be air raided, now that's sad. Freezing my arse off week after week watching that is sad, but it's in my blood so I'll save the sadness for fellow Dees instead of a multi hundred millionaire on a weekend jaunt to watch a football match.

Had a listen to the Sportsound podcast and heard the full audio of McCann's interview. It's quite the insight.

"It proved again to me once again that we are on our game we're a match for any side in this division. I think  we proved again today that we're better than Motherwell, but if you don't put the ball in the back of the net you've got no points and you've got no grounds to back that case up because they'll say they're above you."

I get that he's clearly salty about having been schooled by Mr. Robinson again but that's 3 games at Dens and Motherwell have won all 3, keeping clean sheets in each of them (even the draw at Fir Park we were playing the 2nd half with 10 men, missing our top scorer and half our team visibly injured). The idea that that yesterday's match proved that Dundee are better than Motherwell because Dundee had a lot of the ball is stretching it a bit. Yesterday wasn't a one off smash and grab, that's the 3rd game at Dens this season Motherwell have taken care of McCann tactically. 

Maybe it's naivety or idealism on his part but McCann still seems to be holding on to this idea that having possession equates to being "better".  From an outsider's point of view it seems as if teams have absolutely worked both McCann and Dundee out. Opposition managers are happy to let them have the ball knowing that their strikers aren't particularly clinical and their defence will cough up chances.

I'm not really a fan of "if your Auntie had baws"-type statements but...if Archibald and Thistle hadn't collectively shat the bed last week and the Accies game hadn't run to 9 mins injury time or whatever it was, things would be looking a bit more bleak for McCann.

Watching the game back on Alba for all Dundee huffed and puffed with chances and half chances Carson wasn't particularly troubled and as much as McCann's dismissed it the solitary chance Motherwell created was 100% the best chance of the game. Tanner virtually had an open goal to tap in to, unchallenged. It was a chance so clear cut you'd even have backed Moussa to score from it.

Spoiler

Maybe not...

giphy.gif

From a Motherwell POV seeing a side organised enough to take a lead and see a game out is a brave new world given the number of times we shipped late or injury time goals under McGhee and the fact that just generally we've been poor defensively for years. That's 10 games in the league where we've scored first; we've won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1. 14 clean sheets in all competitions this season for the lads.

If we could start adding more goals to our game then that would be nice.

Also, I noticed chat on TDB forum that McGowan was shown a 2nd yellow and sent off after the match? I've not seen that reported on any official reports though. Is that something they've just totally made up? He was an absolute seething mess tbf.

Anyway, a friendly reminder that McCann's still got fewer points than Hartley had at the same point last season;

Hartley - 16/17: P 28 W 8 D 6 L 14 F 31 A 39 GD -8 Pts 30 - Position: 8th
McCann - 17/18: P 28 W 8 D 4 L 16 F 30 A 43 GD -13 Pts 28 - Postion: 9th

No I can think of few sadder things than a several hundred millionaire flying on private jet to watch his football team play a game. What's sadder is those of us that bleed Dark Blue watching that week in week out while our money men spend their time talking about crematoriums, flats, ice rinks, new parking for a new stadium all the whilst forgetting the most important part of owning a football club, and that's that the f**king FOOTBALL CLUB!
All the teams around us bar Hamilton have done an airlift while we sat around and allowed ourselves to be air raided, now that's sad. Freezing my arse off week after week watching that is sad, but it's in my blood so I'll save the sadness for fellow Dees instead of a multi hundred millionaire on a weekend jaunt to watch a football match.

Think you need to settle down a wee bit there mate.

Just watched the game again on Alba.  Yes, Dundee enjoyed a lot of pressure and worked hard but Carson had virtually nothing of note to do.  As far as our goal is concerned, I've frozen the action just as the pass was being made to Main and conclude he was fractionally onside.  The linesman was almost in line with it and was only about 10 metres away and so had a clear unobstructed view.  There was one half hearted protest from a single Dundee defender but no mass reaction.  Their players didn't surround the referee.  As far as the late penalty claim is concerned, Kipre was hit by the ball at point blank range  - maybe 40/50 cms away.  I think its pushing it to claim a penalty.  

Main seems to have the target of criticsm by Neil McCann and yes he dished it out but he also took some punishment.  Note to Mr McCann if you can't take it don't dish it out.  Clearly some niggles spilled over from the cup game, as you'd expect.

We showed character to defend well and our defenders deserve credit for staying the course.   Dundee have  a robust physical side to their game but tried to play football to their credit.  However, given Neil McCann's budget compared to other bottom 6 sides I don't know if he's spent it wisely. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think you need to settle down a wee bit there mate.

I've been watching a man called Sofien Moussa attempt to play football for my club for 2/3rds of a season mate, and you want me to settle down. It's a miracle I've not taken to the smack before entering Den's to make it more palatable. I don't like quarrelling with fellow Dees though so let's just say that yes I can think of few things sadder than  Tim Keyes on a private jet flying in to watch a football match.

Like here's another one: Taking a CH like Caulker playing him out of position then taking our right back and moving him to left back where he displaces one of the few guys that we have that can deliver a decent corner and cross.

FWIW: the MFC YouTube footage has a wider angle of the "offside". Personally I still say he looks at worst in line with Kamara.

The broader point worth highlighting is what an absolute shitshow Dundee's back 3 are there. They're all over the place:

Kusunga and Meekings are about 10 yards ahead of Caulker,, Kamara's had to drop in to cover for Kusunga and is a yard or 2 behind the "line" (using that term loosely) and Motherwell are 3 v 3 (if you include Deacon as part of the defensive line) on them.

5a929a25dab20_ScreenShot2018-02-25at11_11_28.thumb.png.ff8c072267133791ba06e130341f6643.png

51 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

FWIW: the MFC YouTube footage has a wider angle of the "offside". Personally I still say he looks at worst in line with Kamara.

5a929a25dab20_ScreenShot2018-02-25at11_11_28.thumb.png.ff8c072267133791ba06e130341f6643.png

The linesman is perfectly placed to make the decision.

1 hour ago, CanadianDee said:

What's sadder is those of us that bleed Dark Blue watching that week in week out while our money men spend their time talking about crematoriums, flats, ice rinks, new parking for a new stadium all the whilst forgetting the most important part of owning a football club, and that's that the f**king FOOTBALL CLUB!

What a lot of fucking pish. You boys are hemorrhaging cash every fucking day and the owners are trying every possible avenue to reduce or stop this and you come out with that? You sir are a complete fanny.

Archived