Killie vs Hibs

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Hibs would be a test for us today and they were, one of the better sides in the league and they play nice fitba. 

Thought once we gave them a 2 goal start we were totally dominant and deserved the 3 points, the result wasn't down to the ref or the pitch Hibs players like their manager lost the head second half and they were fortunate to finish with 11 on the park and escape with a draw. 

1 minute ago, Howlin Wilf said:

I thought Hibs would be a test for us today and they were, one of the better sides in the league and they play nice fitba. 

Thought once we gave them a 2 goal start we were totally dominant and deserved the 3 points, the result wasn't down to the ref or the pitch Hibs players like their manager lost the head second half and they were fortunate to finish with 11 on the park and escape with a draw. 

Agree that killie pissed all over us in that second half. But it was only after they scored. First one coming from the phantom corner (which yes, we still should have defended better) and secondly, a penalty decision that was given for ball to hand, not hand to ball. Decisions change games and it certainly had an impact in this one.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Agree that killie pissed all over us in that second half. But it was only after they scored. First one coming from the phantom corner (which yes, we still should have defended better) and secondly, a penalty decision that was given for ball to hand, not hand to ball. Decisions change games and it certainly had an impact in this one.

Decisions do change games but you only see the ones that change it against you, Ambrose should have had a second yellow so lack of decisions also change games. 

My point being looking for excuses seems to be your managers preferred option and you guys lap it up, don't become victim FC mk11

37 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Same tune, almost the exact same title, and lyrics (though you had the decency to remove all that sectarian murdering, ofc). If the song was still copyrightable and the composer cared, it'd be an open-and-shut infringement case.

And you think that Sevco or the predescessors would hold such copyright?

Just now, killiemilan said:

And you think that Sevco or the predescessors would hold such copyright?

They definitely wouldn't own the tune, and I don't know the provenance of the lyrics, so I couldn't tell you who would, and it doesn't matter. The point is that you guys sing a song which is obviously a version of the Billy Boys, albeit with three or four changes.

Point massively flattered us because we were good lucky for the first 15 minutes and then completely fell out of the game. Still, 10 clear of Hearts and 12 of Killie, slowly meandering our way to fourth, had a great chance to close the gap with Aberdeen to 2 points ahead of their latest choking against Celtic tomorrow. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

They definitely wouldn't own the tune, and I don't know the provenance of the lyrics, so I couldn't tell you who would, and it doesn't matter. The point is that you guys sing a song which is obviously a version of the Billy Boys, albeit with three or four changes.

Go to bed Neil

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

So the point you make is nonsense. Argueably all art is stolen/copied.

The point is, as you say yourself, the changes mean it isn't the same song.

If we wanted to sing TBB and hate Catholics and the Irish we'd do what half the town does and travel the 20 miles to Ibrox.

It's strange that you should be desperate to criticise the very people who don't do that and instead turn up to support their local team.

Just now, killiemilan said:

So the point you make is nonsense. Argueably all art is stolen/copied.

Not the point I'm making. I'm certainly NOT claiming that Blondie's Heart of Glass or Beethoven's Fifth Symphony are copies of any other tune out there. I AM claiming that the Killie boys is a near word-for-word note-for-note copy of the Billy Boys. There's influenced by predecessors and there's singing near-as-dammit the same song.

2 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The point is, as you say yourself, the changes mean it isn't the same song.

If we wanted to sing TBB and hate Catholics and the Irish we'd do what half the town does and travel the 20 miles to Ibrox.

It's strange that you should be desperate to criticise the very people who don't do that and instead turn up to support their local team.

Except I actually pointed out that you removed those aspects of the song with the variant you sing, so I wasn't making the criticism you accuse me of. Why are y'all so defensive?

I don't think Hibs fans would get into such a tizzy and go into denial if we you accused us of singing 'The Celtic Song' with a couple of words changed. I mean, we do!

Except I actually pointed out that you removed those aspects of the song with the variant you sing, so I wasn't making the criticism you accuse me of. Why are y'all so defensive?
I don't think Hibs fans would get into such a tizzy and go into denial if we you accused us of singing 'The Celtic Song' with a couple of words changed. I mean, we do!
So did we at one point in time.

Archived