Hamilton VS Partick ~D Day~

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Have you been watching him play? He’s Richard Roy and Oumar Diaby levels of shit. He has a free header at the back post yesterday and tries to chest it down, falls down any time he’s touched, has won about 2 headers across the games he’s played. Bingham and Rojano are both much better options to play hopefully Canning realises this.

Yes the defence is a big problem but it’s not difficult for a football manager to try and solve multiple things. I.e. dropping this useless lump as well.

Haven't been impressed with him granted, but think that's definitely an exaggeration, he's been thrown in the deep end and shown a degree of good work ethic. It's interesting that you say Rojano as I seem to remember you also deeming him as shite as Richard Roy.

I think Bingham does have potential but his inconsistency, lack of strength and tendancy to never head the ball, makes him a risky pick. We need someone to win the ball in the air to hold it up for Templeton, and to be honest is mainly a decoy to let others in, they're are not there to score the goals, let's face it, it won't really make any difference who plays out the three of them.

I thought it would have been obvious by now that Canning isn't exactly what you would call a "good manager" which is down to many things, lack of experience definitely being one of them. The Defence is all over the place, the tactics are at that point where you throw everything you have out and start a clean slate, because it simply couldn't be worse. 

So for me I couldn't care less if I see Ogkmpoe starting as that will not affect the outcome, they've shown goals can be scored with him in the team. The game will hinge on whether or not Canning sorts out the defence.

The chat re how bad Accies forwards are is giving me the fear - this is a team who've lost goals to the likes of Calum Ball and Calvin Zola in recent memory !

Also we seem to have got back into habit of backing off to a degree not seen since the halcyon days of Grant Murray.

This will be brutal and I'm not sure we've got the bottle for it tbh - or a playoff if it came to that.

Please prove me wrong Thistle!

Out of all our strikers i far prefer Rojano, however I agree entirely that is is a second order issue compared to our “defence” at the moment. If we are to stay up, even via the playoffs, Canning needs to sort this out. I would go for a flat back 4 as our 3 centre halves are far too exposed in our current formation.

5 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Haven't been impressed with him granted, but think that's definitely an exaggeration, he's been thrown in the deep end and shown a degree of good work ethic. It's interesting that you say Rojano as I seem to remember you also deeming him as shite as Richard Roy.

He shouldn't be getting thrown in at the deep end, We have 2 stikers who have been playing for us all season who are both better than him. A good work ethic doesn't make up for being absolutely shite. Which is partly Rojano's problem as well. I don't rate Rojano either and I don't think I've ever compared him to Richard Roy, but he's still 10x better than Ogomslaes 

Woods and Abdul to take care of Imre and Templeton and we should be alright.   

I wouldn't mind seeing Doolan, Lawless and Sammon start with Storey and Edwards coming on later to run at them.   

That would give us a bit of respite and hopefully keep the ball away from our box in the closing stages.  

Big Christie Elliot played over an hour last night in the development game; coupled with his 45 minutes last Tuesday, he could be on the bench for this.   Gary Fraser has played the full 90 in the previous 3 development games also.   

Feeling we'll go back to a back 3 for this. I'd be looking to get Lawless in, he was looking decent before he got injured. Sammon and Storey up front to start - am I right in thinking for all the goals Doolan has vs accies they've all been at Firhill? 

50 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Feeling we'll go back to a back 3 for this. I'd be looking to get Lawless in, he was looking decent before he got injured. Sammon and Storey up front to start - am I right in thinking for all the goals Doolan has vs accies they've all been at Firhill? 

You might be right there, I can't recall a Doolan goal at the New SuperSeal Douglas Spice of Life Park in... Ever? 

Back three of Keown, Cargill and Barton wouldn't be a terrible idea IMO. Would have loved to have a fully fit Elliott for a game like this. This is proper giving me the fear, but on the plus side I don't think we've lost away to them since the Championship days. 

22 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He shouldn't be getting thrown in at the deep end, We have 2 stikers who have been playing for us all season who are both better than him. A good work ethic doesn't make up for being absolutely shite. Which is partly Rojano's problem as well. I don't rate Rojano either and I don't think I've ever compared him to Richard Roy, but he's still 10x better than Ogomslaes 

Who is the two strikers ?

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You wouldn’t know being at Ibrox most of the season. Already mentioned Rojano above and Bingham is the other. You are showing your Sevco colours now by not even knowing our players.

Looks like I know more than you as you quoted them 2 as playing all season, Rojano didn't receive clearance until mid late November ya fanny.

Archived