The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm told the SPFL wanted £20/£15 and were swiftly told no chance.  U12s going free is an excellent shout, if Dumbarton play this right we could get teams of local kids attached to the club.

U12s free should be mandatory throughout the leagues. It's something we've done for years now but a selection few clubs refuse to agree to making it a rule (same clubs that charge U12s £40 for matches against each other) 

McDiarmid gets so many finals because its got huge parking areas, right next to the motorway, and has the best hospitality in Scotland (not an opinion, a #Fact) 

U12s free should be mandatory throughout the leagues. It's something we've done for years now but a selection few clubs refuse to agree to making it a rule (same clubs that charge U12s £40 for matches against each other) 
McDiarmid gets so many finals because its got huge parking areas, right next to the motorway, and has the best hospitality in Scotland (not an opinion, a #Fact) 
U5s should be free but I think primary school age should have a small concession price such as £1. They wouldn't get in free to the cinema or other events. Free entry teaches them to expect things for nothing. I also think jumping from free or very low entry prices to full adult price is more likely to discourage ongoing attendance as adults as opposed to facing a small increase.

21 minutes ago, forfarton said:

U5s should be free but I think primary school age should have a small concession price such as £1. They wouldn't get in free to the cinema or other events. Free entry teaches them to expect things for nothing. I also think jumping from free or very low entry prices to full adult price is more likely to discourage ongoing attendance as adults as opposed to facing a small increase.

Whit?  Do under 5s go free at the cinema?  How many 6 year olds do you know who pay for things out of their own pocket?

Nobody goes from paying nothing to full adult price either, you go free until you're 13 and then you pay the concession rate. When you're over 16 you pay adult price. Plenty of "other events" that kids go free to.

Whit?  Do under 5s go free at the cinema?  How many 6 year olds do you know who pay for things out of their own pocket?
Nobody goes from paying nothing to full adult price either, you go free until you're 13 and then you pay the concession rate. When you're over 16 you pay adult price. Plenty of "other events" that kids go free to.
Not saying that U5s go free elsewhere but wouldn't expect them to actually watch a football match. Also not saying that they pay out of their own pocket - but why should an adult expect their child to get in for nothing? Would rather see e.g. £5 for U12, £10 for 12-16/18 or other concessions, and £15 for adults than £20+ for adults and kids getting free.

On 2/20/2018 at 16:02, albundy said:

Confirmed McDairmid park, sat 24th, 4.15 ko. Seems sensible.

Decent enough venue.

I`ve been to 2 Challenge Cup Finals there. One when we lost 2-0 to Ross County when David Hutton made an absolute arse of things at the first goal. It was a great day right up until kick off.

The other was the ICT -Dundee final the previous season when what looked like 100s of Dundee fans left after ICT went 2-0 up after about 30 mins only for Dundee to come back and win 3-2 :lol:

Great game for the neutral.

On 22/02/2018 at 13:07, The Moonster said:

You don't? He's made two posts with lists of grounds which he thinks are better suited and seems to be moaning that the wealth isn't shared around. If he's not bothered by it then it's a weird thing to come on and moan about when both sets of fans involved in the final are quite happy with the venue.

Crazy as it may be but posting a differing opinion on a forum of all places doesn't constitute to him being that bothered, it was a pretty fair point to make.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It is indeed a fact that you are close to the motoroway and have a big car park, funnily enough those are two contributing factors to it being one of the most boring and dreary away days and stadium to go to. I think Hearts have the best hospitality in Scotland do they not? sure there was an article a while back about it. 

If I was to be given a choice between relocating East End Park to the Fife Leisure Park with a massive car park and in return we'd host more challenge cup games I'd rather stay in the current location, sadly with price it's understandable why clubs relocate to the outskirts of the town. I do like a stadium close to the centre of the town.

49 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Decent enough venue.

I`ve been to 2 Challenge Cup Finals there. One when we lost 2-0 to Ross County when David Hutton made an absolute arse of things at the first goal. It was a great day right up until kick off.

The other was the ICT -Dundee final the previous season when what looked like 100s of Dundee fans left after ICT went 2-0 up after about 30 mins only for Dundee to come back and win 3-2 :lol:

Great game for the neutral.

That Dundee game was a cracker. Sure it was at the height of Dundee going tits out spending in the championship with Gary Harkins and Leigh Griffiths, sure they also put a bid in for Bob Harris? Inverness ended up winning the league that year I'm sure.

That Dundee game was a cracker. Sure it was at the height of Dundee going tits out spending in the championship with Gary Harkins and Leigh Griffiths, sure they also put a bid in for Bob Harris? Inverness ended up winning the league that year I'm sure.

That cup final was pretty hard to take, we more than made up for it when we came back from 12 points behind them to win the league that season though [emoji41].

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

It is indeed a fact that you are close to the motoroway and have a big car park, funnily enough those are two contributing factors to it being one of the most boring and dreary away days and stadium to go to. I think Hearts have the best hospitality in Scotland do they not? sure there was an article a while back about it.

We came second to Man City in the UK Hospitality awards in 2017.

Also the vast majority of stadiums are boring as f**k, seeing as most are barely a third full these days. 

Grant228 absolutely fizzing that the SPFL aren't interested in his absolute bin of a town/club. Makes it all the sweeter to host the premier event in Scotland's football calendar.

Would Lionel Ritchie play live in concert at East End Park? Would Elton John? Would the Jehovahs host their worldwide conference there? No they wouldn't, because it's a dive, and McDiarmid's the best, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

image.png.373d726652d87135b17f705ccb100022.png

McDermaid was the only logical decision as far as I'm concerned. Decent capacity that should cater for everyone who wishes to attend, reasonable travel distance for both sets of fans and bang next to the motorway. The pricing is also reasonable. I could take my kids for nothing and introduce them to a life time of sons supporting disappointment under the cloak of short term success.

The thought of seeing that stand behind the goal packed with Sons fans erupting as Froxy fires in the killer third is making me weak at the knees.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Crazy as it may be but posting a differing opinion on a forum of all places doesn't constitute to him being that bothered, it was a pretty fair point to make.

If I was to be given a choice between relocating East End Park to the Fife Leisure Park with a massive car park and in return we'd host more challenge cup games I'd rather stay in the current location, sadly with price it's understandable why clubs relocate to the outskirts of the town. I do like a stadium close to the centre of the town.

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/st-johnstone-runners-football-business-awards71116

Something about only dealing in factual posts on this thread.. 8)

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/st-johnstone-runners-football-business-awards71116

Something about only dealing in factual posts on this thread.. 8)

#Facts. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sonstrustfinalfund?utm_id=106&utm_term=XQgy8dxq9

Dumbarton Football Club have reached a national Cup final for the first time in Generations. That in itself is a fantastic achievement. However, the Sons Supporters Trust (a non profit industrial and provident society) are hoping to back the team to go that extra step and bring the Irn Bru Challenge Cup back to the Your Radio 103 FM Stadium on Saturday March 24th. With this Crowdfunding page we are looking to raise funds to allow the Sonstrust to purchase materials such as Banners, Flags, Fan Card displays, streamers etc basically anything to really add colour at the final and more importantly create a lasting legacy of the day. The DFC players had real a lift with the backing of the fans at the Semi Final, which turned the game around superbly. So essentially the more money we receive the more lavish we can make this spectacle. We have a really tight window to get things organised though we would be grateful if you can pledge, no matter how big or small. Many thanks and Mon Eh Sons! 

It's gonna be a massive tambourine/karaoke system combo, innit?

Archived