The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

I'm sure I read somewhere that the final is played at a neutral ground but not a premiership club to keep the money in the sides that compete for the trophy. This means McDiarmid would be ruled out. Think the final was played at Easter road and Hampden when the rangers got there just to accommodate the number of fans. If the above is true then i would assume livingston/dunfermline/falkirk/dundee utd would be more viable options. Don't quote me on this but that's my understanding. Maybe @skyline drifter can shed some light.

It was at McDiarmid Park in 2014-15 and Fir Park last season so that can't be the case.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted we've made the final...absolutely gutted that I can't make the game as I'm in Japan visiting my daughter

Someone please tell me I can get BBC Alba there???

Take your iPad and install some IP address converter software such as SurfEasy VPN.

How many fans do Dumbarton think they can bring? Considering you guys took 500 to Wales (great effort) for the final itself, maybe hit 2000 or is that wishful thinking?

Inverness took over 2000 down for the final against Dundee at McDiarmid but they hadn’t won the Scottish cup back then so I imagine there will be less interest for Caley fans for this one?

If the game is at Mcdiarmid, I imagine it will be similar to the Livingston vs Alloa final where only the west stand was open and the attendance was 2,869. The atmosphere was still decent and thankfully the sun shone fiercy on the marmalade men that day. Beautiful, beautiful Amber Arsenal.

I like both teams but Dumbarton have got that elephant dont they, so i'll be supporting the StJohnSons. I Hope there are a few goals and both teams take the lead at some point as each set of fans deserve to feel a few rays of sunshine in otherwise dreich seasons.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

No. Dunfermline is a shit venue. Perth is the home of the Challenge Cup and St Johnstone football club I’m sure will be happy to play host for our friends in the North and our new #stjohnsons friends.

East End Park is a fucking palace m8

A full and noisy Forthbank would actually look great on TV and Stirling is easy to get to.

How many fans do Dumbarton think they can bring? Considering you guys took 500 to Wales (great effort) for the final itself, maybe hit 2000 or is that wishful thinking?

Inverness took over 2000 down for the final against Dundee at McDiarmid but they hadn’t won the Scottish cup back then so I imagine there will be less interest for Caley fans for this one?

I think we took around 2000 to Celtic park for a Scottish cup game a few years ago so I would hope we could get close to that for the final. If it was played at Forthbank it would probably sell out I’d imagine.

I think we took around 2000 to Celtic park for a Scottish cup game a few years ago so I would hope we could get close to that for the final. If it was played at Forthbank it would probably sell out I’d imagine.

I'm aiming high here. If we can take 2k to that midden with a pumping on the cards surely we can get 3k through the door for this.

I hope that more than just the club push this. It would be good to see the full town come together for once, the local media should have this plastered everywhere. Surely to f**k this will make the front page over some bam in court for slapping a polis or the likes.

11 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the final is played at a neutral ground but not a premiership club to keep the money in the sides that compete for the trophy. This means McDiarmid would be ruled out. Think the final was played at Easter road and Hampden when the rangers got there just to accommodate the number of fans. If the above is true then i would assume livingston/dunfermline/falkirk/dundee utd would be more viable options. Don't quote me on this but that's my understanding. Maybe @skyline drifter can shed some light.

I think the idea of a Premiership club not being able to host the Final is just a hangover from the SPL era. Before the SPL split off, Fir Park was used for most of the early Finals and Motherwell were a Premier Division club at the time. Now that all the clubs are under the same banner, the money from hosting is being kept in house once more.

The advantage McDiarmid has over other grounds is the fact that yes it’s central, it’s also got a massive car park for visiting fans of both teams. Not really fussed either way if it’s played in Perth, but for once our pitch is good and looking decent which will allow the silky skills of Brad McKay to shine.

Archived