The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

The Caley player nearly has Mango's shirt off, I'm amazed even the linesman couldn't see it (or he has seen it and ignored it). The penalty is difficult to tell in the clip but his arm is up high and it does look like it hits it, probably got that right (but not the punishment).
The linesman on our side was absolutely howling. He spent the entire game looking directly along the line, didn't assist the ref once, barely even knew what way to flag for a throw when the ball went out, and even though he did nothing but look for offside for 90 minutes, still manages to f**k up a couple of of those calls too

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why on earth has this result caused an utter meltdown within the Falkirk support? Is it a case of them attempting to manufacture some form of rivalry with ICT after both Dunfermline and Livi rebuffed their advances? 
I’m gonna buck the trend here and say after the Dumbarton love in on here and in the media in the run up to this I’m delighted they lost in an utterly heartbreaking manner. 
I don't think anyone was heartbroken Jimmy, it's only a game of football and somebody has to lose. A lot of folk enjoyed a great day out yesterday and I'm truly sorry my club's fleeting flash on the media screen has so disturbed you - I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

Meantime, GIRUY

So8.boomers a clear penalty and should have bee n a second yellow

boomers tackle  red ?

penalty second yello?

mango penalty ?

tremarco 2nd yello?

not claiming if this or that had happened the game would have been different but it does say more about dallas

lastweek I stood with alan new lands father at an under 21 game as he supervised a young ref whils alan new lands refed at Brechin.

it was interesting the notes he took about decisions to feedback to the ref .dallas wouldn't by allowed to do another game if mr newlands was the refs supervisor yesterday Imo 

Found it interesting and enjoyable yesterday being in a full  stand of sons fans but with lots of strangers round a bout me.

normally home and away you recognise every sons fan in the ground.

hope all enjoyed day and experience and haste he back

Gutted but the build up was fantastic. We arrived in the Tulloch and were informed that we were in the Inverness bar and had to go to another one along the corridor. We won't into this windowless barn of a room with nobody but a dj in it but when the Swiss Sons and the buses arrived it was absolutely bouncing. People were drinking, singing and dancing and because there were no windows, it made it feel like a Saturday night. Strange to leave into broad daylight. We then got on an Inverness supporters bus to the ground which was a good laugh.

It was brilliant seeing the support turning out like they did and hopefully we'll get a few coming along on a regular basis. And while we lost yesterday, we'll always have that amazing night in Oswestry tucked up in our memory banks!

Fantastic Mr Frox showing why players shouldn't play two games in two days with a 4 hour flight in between. Lost Tremarco for the winner.  

Those of us who watch Froxy week in week out would disagree. Froxy rarely tracks back, even when fully fit and rested. His strength is in going forward and being creative. If Sam Wardrope hadn't been injured then he would have played right back and would possibly have spotted the danger.

Just a thought, but if the flare hadn't been thrown on would there have been 3 minutes injury time? I don't think the trainers were on 2nd half at all so maybe only 1 minute and in which case...
Perhaps more pertinent, it was a ludicrous moment for "fans" to throw a flare. Dumbarton were on a high after the penalty save - both players and supporters. It was a time to drive forward and capitalise. Instead, there was an interruption to the flow of the game and the momentum was lost.

Why on earth has this result caused an utter meltdown within the Falkirk support? Is it a case of them attempting to manufacture some form of rivalry with ICT after both Dunfermline and Livi rebuffed their advances? 
I’m gonna buck the trend here and say after the Dumbarton love in on here and in the media in the run up to this I’m delighted they lost in an utterly heartbreaking manner. 

Hopefully your next shite is an HIV ridden needle.

I'm still sick to the stomach at losing that in such a manner, especially after the penalty save.

I thought we were fairly pish with Russell and Handling topping the pish charts. Russell is completely done and should be absolutely nowhere near our starting 11, even if it means playing Jazza as a lone striker. I thought Froxy looked absolutely knackered, I was fairly surprised to see him introduced so early. I'm not convinced McLaughlin is fully fit, he had an absolute nightmare. What's the script with Stewart? If he's not fit why have we been flinging him on every game?

No doubt Aitken's hands were tied yesterday with the amount of cup tied/injured players we had. Nade can get so far to f**k, his daft behaviour left us right in the shit yesterday. We seriously needed him. We will probably need him again during this honking run in. All cult hero status should be immediately wiped.

Those of us who watch Froxy week in week out would disagree. Froxy rarely tracks back, even when fully fit and rested. His strength is in going forward and being creative. If Sam Wardrope hadn't been injured then he would have played right back and would possibly have spotted the danger.

Froxy should have been nowhere near that pitch yesterday. As much as it was all fun and games waiting on him arriving, he played 65 minutes of a full international, with what was probably 6 odd hours of travelling and a shite sleep as he left Cyprus at 5am.

I was astounded to see him subbed on before Burt or Stewart.

Seen a couple of people saying Wardrop would have sensed the danger for the winning goal yesterday. I genuinely don’t think having him over Smith would have made any difference. It wasn’t even his man that scored, it was Froxy’s. Similarly to one of the goals we conceded away to Morton. It’s very rarely we have good enough to justify half arsed defending but Froxy does that.

I tend to agree BBPF. He looked like he had seized up during the warm up. He wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes of extra time and should perhaps have been held back until that point (IIRC we would have been allowed an additional substitute in extra time).

59 minutes ago, Sons of Anarchy said:

Just a thought, but if the flare hadn't been thrown on would there have been 3 minutes injury time? I don't think the trainers were on 2nd half at all so maybe only 1 minute and in which case...

30 seconds a substitute and both sides made their subs.

I reckon we'd have had 3 minutes. No doubting the flare was an unhelpful break in the momentum of the game. I hope there are no repercussions for the club.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

30 seconds a substitute and both sides made their subs.

I reckon we'd have had 3 minutes. No doubting the flare was an unhelpful break in the momentum of the game. I hope there are no repercussions for the club.

By the way, how did they get them in? I know I look dodgy and all, but I got a full pat-down search, had to empty all my pockets and had my flag searched for any political slogans. I've no idea how they would've reacted if I had something written in Greek on it :lol:

By the way, how did they get them in? I know I look dodgy and all, but I got a full pat-down search, had to empty all my pockets and had my flag searched for any political slogans. I've no idea how they would've reacted if I had something written in Greek on it [emoji38]
Dunno how they managed to get it in. I had a can of beer stashed down my breeks and it got found so did my brother in laws. So those getting flares in have ingenious hiding places obviously

15 hours ago, RossP said:

Was that the season we clawed back a 57point megabucks Dundee lead, to romp the Championship at a canter? 8)

Beautiful ... beautiful ... and so well set up for you by a Dundee fan :lol:

Archived