Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

Airdrie were in charge right up until we scored and then they fell out it, If Doc and Crawford are back, it'll hopefully mean that Kerrs appearances are limited. We got rid of Gilmour and signed another lackadaisical midfielder with poor workrate and an even poorer passing ability. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how people see games differently.  Personally I thought Adams and Kerr were really poor, particularly in the first half.  Just didn't seem able to hold on to the ball for a moment.  Couple  that with Moffat not being there to provide some intelligent link up play and you'd have to say it was a brutal watch at times.  Still, a good win in the end.  I worry about Moore a wee bit - he's just not willing to physically compete anymore though he's still a quality finisher.    

In my opinion the whole game was poor in the first half but in the second half Adams was outstanding for me, his passing, movement, tackling was a different class. Apart of a pass or two Kerr was a passenger for most of the game. Shankland again showing his ability and Bell was solid at the back .

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Airdrie were in charge right up until we scored and then they fell out it, If Doc and Crawford are back, it'll hopefully mean that Kerrs appearances are limited. We got rid of Gilmour and signed another lackadaisical midfielder with poor workrate and an even poorer passing ability. 

Yes the first half was mainly Airdrie although your goalie was rarely troubled. The one good chance for Ayr was when Moore shot quite well but our goalie had a good save. Thought our big Bambi so called central defender missed a pinch from a free kick. Thought Shankland was lucky to avoid a Yellow card for his challenge on the goalie but the Ref was a bit naff for both sides. The turning point as usual came from our inability to defend the same corner move and why does Geggan nearly always get a goal against us. The nearest we came to an equaliser was when Fry hit the post (yet again) and Carrick could not turn it in. Your goalie did make a good block with his feet shortly after but the game was over when our big Bambi somehow managed to handle an innocuous ball. The third was yet another blunder by our goalie( yet again) and Ayr did deserve to win because they know how to score; it is some achievement to have scored 102 goals this season and I suspect there are more to come. It is funny how we all see games differently and I thought Adams was poor for most of the game but Bell had a very good game at CB. We seem to have a second half retreat for most of this season especially when we don't have a comfortable lead. Ayr and Raith look like the champions but I think Arbroath might well have a lot to say yet. It was a good atmosphere today but those jammed up seats annoy my veteran knees! Looking forward to your visit to NL

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

Regardless of the result, the kick to the goalkeeper was brutal.

Also, the penalty, the forward uses his arm to control it.  

Not a good day for the ref.

However, from an Airdrie POV, our defending  is brutal at times.   At the 1st goal,  no 3 is marking the scorer and no. 6 turns his back.   Not good enough!

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is this the same Mark Kerr who found McDaid with a pass, from which he crossed in for Geggan to score? The same Mark Kerr who broke up an Airdrie attack and started the move which led to the penalty? I would concede that we haven't seen the best of him, but he is a very intelligent player and is far better than Gilmour.

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

That first half was so dull I might have fallen asleep, but I really don't remember Airdrie being in charge at any point.

3 hours ago, RedEd said:

Is this the same Mark Kerr who found McDaid with a pass, from which he crossed in for Geggan to score? The same Mark Kerr who broke up an Airdrie attack and started the move which led to the penalty? I would concede that we haven't seen the best of him, but he is a very intelligent player and is far better than Gilmour.

Yes, the same one, under no pressure he passed the ball badly to someone unmarked 12 yards away who crossed to set up the goal.

Kerr is past it, he is to slow in the legs now to make all the cute passes he tries and gives the ball away far too often, Crawford and Docherty coming back will mean Kerr and Adams will feature a lot less.

Yes, the same one, under no pressure he passed the ball badly to someone unmarked 12 yards away who crossed to set up the goal.
Kerr is past it, he is to slow in the legs now to make all the cute passes he tries and gives the ball away far too often, Crawford and Docherty coming back will mean Kerr and Adams will feature a lot less.

Adams won’t be affected by Crawford coming back.

One of Forrest or McDaid will be dropped to accommodate him. McDaid imo.

McDade better at tracking back and more of a goal threat tbh.

I’m just going by who I think McCall will drop. He might play him alongside Docherty but I think that leaves us too open without Adams.

Guest LonglivetheKING
1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Notice an Airdrie fan on the BBC twitter calling for the SFA to investigate Shankland for his tackle on the keeper, not like an Airdrie fan to be a whining grass

Mocking the inflicted is a really poor show, especially for yourselves.

Not a patch on good old Tory Scum Phil Gallie for grassing right enough

Archived