Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

18 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Don't think there's any arrogance etc to say the result is more significant for Ayr than Airdrie. Airdrie look reasonably safe from the bottom two and probably unlikely to make 4th. The difference between winning and losing for Ayr is much higher as every point gained or lose over Raith is massive.

The fact it's Airdrie this week rather than East Fife last week doesn't make a huge amount of difference really.

Ayr will need to play better than they did against a poor Rangers side or there will only be one result ,a win for the♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ayr will need to play better than they did against a poor Rangers side or there will only be one result ,a win for the[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️

We had that in the bag but took a step back with 20 to go, didn't want the distraction of another cup game. Got a league to win etc etc

I think the game will be an interesting test for both teams. Airdrie have tightened up at the back since 2017 and have a better balance across the team which has delivered better performances. I don't entirely rule out a 4th place finish and  taking something from the game against Ayr would give further hope. The cup apart, Ayr have recovered some of their composure after Airdrie burst their 'invincible' bubble earlier. If Ayr want  to win the league they really need to win this game.

I think it will be a close game, and a great test for both teams ambitions this season.

Looking forward to this one. Games between Ayr United and Airdrie always have that extra bit of edge to them. It’s a must win game for us imo, pretty much every game from now till the end of the season can be classed as must win. It however will be a really tough match Airdrie are the only team in the league we haven’t beaten yet so must put that right on Saturday. 

I’d go: 
Ruddy

Geggan
Rose
Bell
Boyle

McDaid
Adams
Kerr
Crawford

Moore
Shankland

Subs- Hart, Reid, Ferguson, Docherty, McGuffie, Forrest, Moffat,  

I hate Airdrie, the place, the team, the fans and the players.
It's a fixture that I always look forward to.
Love it when we win, hate it when we lose.
So fair fucks to whoever takes the spoils.

Cos Ayr is such a fucking delight clearly. Unlike you I don't hate teams apart from the bigots from Glasgow. I don't generalise a hatred of collectives of people either preferring instead to single out fuckwits such as yourself for my loathing. There are actually many decent Ayr fans, you're obviously just not one of them.

Cos Ayr is such a fucking delight clearly. Unlike you I don't hate teams apart from the bigots from Glasgow. I don't generalise a hatred of collectives of people either preferring instead to single out fuckwits such as yourself for my loathing. There are actually many decent Ayr fans, you're obviously just not one of them.

Actually he is one of the better ones.

44 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I’d regard it as a personal insult if I was classed as “a decent Ayr fan” by Airdrie fans to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

So, let me get this right. You hate Rangers and Celtic but you don't generalise a hatred of collectives of people ? 

Do you happen to see the contradiction in your post ?

I'm sure there are many more decent Rangers and Celtic fans than there are decent Ayr United or Airdrie fans. Purely down to scale, of course.

In conclusion, I would guess that it's your hatred that's blinding your reason, on both counts. 

So, let me get this right. You hate Rangers and Celtic but you don't generalise a hatred of collectives of people ? 
Do you happen to see the contradiction in your post ?
I'm sure there are many more decent Rangers and Celtic fans than there are decent Ayr United or Airdrie fans. Purely down to scale, of course.
In conclusion, I would guess that it's your hatred that's blinding your reason, on both counts. 

Read the words then try to comprehend them without jumping in with both feet. Clubs does not equate to people.

I've not mentioned a general hatred of Rangers or Celtic fans, as I know many decent ones on either side. But I can hate the fucking clubs and all the loathsome baggage they bring with them. Happy to have cleared up your lack of comprehension.

23 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I hate Airdrie, the place, the team, the fans and the players.

It's a fixture that I always look forward to.

Love it when we win, hate it when we lose.

So fair fucks to whoever takes the spoils.

And you love Ayr so much, that you live in Glasgow :blink:

Archived