Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

The last of our 4 consecutive home games and another must win. Airdrie are statistically the worst away team in the league but they will up their game for a visit to Somerset of course. They are also the only team that we’ve not beaten this season but I’m quietly confident of a win here. Dale Carrick seems to be the danger man for them and with our defence I’d fancy him to score.

If Doc and Crawford are back I’d put them on the bench and keep the same team as yesterday.

I’ll go for 3-1 Ayr with Shankland, Moffat and Forrest scoring.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 was the scoreline I was thinking. Reckon Forrest will start in place of McGuffie and I reckon Moore should replace Moffat. He never really offered much on Saturday IMO. I’d go with:

Ruddy

Geggan Rose Bell Boyle

McDaid Adams Kerr Forrest

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Hart, Fergusson, Reid, Crawford, Docherty, McGuffie, Moffat 

Shankland x2 and Moore scoring in the 3-1 win.

I am very hopeful of a decent win and another goal will break the 100 barrier. With Raith dropping two points (thanks Alan Trouten) neither Ayr or Raith can afford to slip up. We must make sure its not us. I'm going 4-1 Ayr, as I used to live in Airdrie and hate the place!

17 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Loving the confidence/arrogance... hopefully the same outcome as last time.

Fans of a team who are chasing for the title thinking they’ll beat a team in 6th who have the worst away record in the league is arrogance :lol::1eye

Quite simple this, match their enthusiasm especially early doors and we'll win, very young team who work there socks off, and don't miss glaring one on ones this time shankland, Moore, and Moffat guilty up there.

really like the boy Stewart, McCall pals with his dad surely a good young signing there for next year.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

Are Airdrie missing Furtardo since flew away to Raith?

Not really. Liked him as a player but Carrick and Duffy are fine by me as a front two and we’ve pulled away from the bottom since he’s gone. 

As for the game, tough one despite the fact we’ve already drawn down there and beat Ayr comfortably at home. And obviously they are no longer “invincible” but despite this I’d take a draw. 

27 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Not really. Liked him as a player but Carrick and Duffy are fine by me as a front two and we’ve pulled away from the bottom since he’s gone.

As for the game, tough one despite the fact we’ve already drawn down there and beat Ayr comfortably at home. And obviously they are no longer “invincible” but despite this I’d take a draw.

You'll take exactly what your given you uber diddy.

Archived