Aberdeen v Celtic

The manager tactics today was dreadful - why play a containing game against Celtic, just have a go.

McGinn was so deep to stop Tierney while Logan following Sinclair - stop worrying about opposition!

Manager should keep it simple and get at them like he did in Scottish Cup final.

To me McInnes is the best manager since Fergie but these tactics and fans will turn on him and some have already.

I do think we have to up our record against Celtic and Rangers because Hibs and Hearts have improved and Europe is not a guarantee now

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

That’s the most “meh” game against Celtic I can remember. I never at any point got excited, because we never honestly looked capable, or interested, in taking anything.

Still, mustn’t grumble.

Big thanks to the Falkirk & United fans for their input today. Safe trip back down to the Championship forum.

Cool, mate. We'll leave you to wallow in the knowledge that, but for Derek McInnes, your club would've been Scottish Champions at some point in the late 2010s.

Regards.

46 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Getting turned over by a far superior Malmö side who were in the middle of their season and went on to comfortably win the Allsvenskan and reach the group stages of the Champions League next season?

Aye, that's me told. eMlO2Ay.png.56340eed12dfb64e40212c49ccb8cff6.png

Hearts fan here agreeing that 0-7 at home is not really that bad :P

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’d have been better off just saying nothing.

Tierney seems like a great young pro.

Not his fault the Celtic fans overplay every single thing he does and treat him like the messiah.

Well if what other posters are saying about him is true, he's obviously not the messiah, but just a very naughty boy.

Didn't expect any different from that, but annoyed nevertheless. We are devoid of ambition and belief against Celtic, and that is typified by McInnes' tactics. Celtic had a European game in Russia on Thursday evening, but, given our approach, we were never in serious danger of exploiting any fatigue. Even if we had nicked a goal from a set-piece in the first half, I fear we would have still gone on to lose the game. 

McLean is the only Dons' player who I would award passmarks, even though he didn't cover himself in glory at Tierney's goal. We can bemoan the absences of Shinnie and Christie, but a squad cannot afford to be so reliant on just one or two players. Interestingly, in the three league games we have played sans Shinnie this season, we have conceded six goals and scored none, which does not reflect favourably on some of his teammates. 

Woodman, Arnason and Considine probably all should have been doing better at Dembele's goal, and then questions can be asked of Woodman again at the second. 

We might sneak a win at Fir Park in midweek, but it is increasingly difficult to reject the notion of this team simply being flat-track bullies. For the first time this season, I'm now fairly sure that Rangers will finish second, and that we are in a battle with Hibs for third. 

You accept his shortcomings because you were gang for two decades but you could do much better than him.

Or maybe one can criticise a manager and be frustrated about his shortcomings yet not be frothing at the mouth and calling for him to be sacked.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Or maybe one can criticise a manager and be frustrated about his shortcomings yet not be frothing at the mouth and calling for him to be sacked.

On the button.

He is a good manager most of the time, he is certainly better than Brown, Calderwood and Ebbe and he is infinitely better than fucking Patterson, cuntface McGhee and Alex fucking Miller.

However...

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’d have been better off just saying nothing.

Tierney seems like a great young pro.

Not his fault the Celtic fans overplay every single thing he does and treat him like the messiah.

K

McInnes on RedTV saying O'Connor was "outstanding" in midfield. We must have been watching different games. 

I have heard it all now - if that is McInnes' definition of an outstanding performance then it is easy to understand how Celtic pump them 4 times a season.

Archived