Ton v sons

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I fully expect Morton to win and get 3 points.

I would be extremely surprised if we were to win and not get 3 points tbh.

That aside this is an agreeable arrangement, let's call it 2-0. Tidser back in the team please.

Seen a pic of the Sons players having a beer on the bus celebrating their win,  hoping that  turned into an all night session and they are still out.....Great win for you lot

Must win for  us. We need to create that 4 point gap before heading to Inverness.

Tidser needs to start.

0-2  Ross and Oliver.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Have you guys given up on avoiding ninth place?
Kinda hoping you lot win this one..

For me we're 9th this year.  Brechin won;t make up the distance, and unfortunately unlike the previous few years, there's no-one else in free-fall/self destruct mode, like Raith, Livi and others have been, so I can't see anyone falling back towards us. 

The only remote hope is that you guys stall, and yesterday's cup win is a spark for us as an attacking force, but like I say, that's still a remote chance.  I can't see anyone from 7th up droping back anywhere near 9th, much as I'd like that to happen.

For me we're 9th this year.  Brechin won;t make up the distance, and unfortunately unlike the previous few years, there's no-one else in free-fall/self destruct mode, like Raith, Livi and others have been, so I can't see anyone falling back towards us. 
The only remote hope is that you guys stall, and yesterday's cup win is a spark for us as an attacking force, but like I say, that's still a remote chance.  I can't see anyone from 7th up droping back anywhere near 9th, much as I'd like that to happen.

We’re battling to wins, without playing particularly well. The 3-1 home defeat to Livi showed how short we stillare of real quality.
Despite that, we are only 6 points off Morton who are fourth. So I guess I am hoping that you win on Tuesday and we somehow get past your side on Saturday which would probably be just too far for you guys.
Despite that, if you can see off TNS in Wales, I’d be hopeful you would be ok in the play-offs.

Dumbarton isn't a particularly happy hunting ground for us - we have the tendency to produce an absolutely stinking performance in at least one of our two visits up here. Hopefully the previous encounter in which we gormlessly passed up about 17 chances in the second half has taken care of that.

A couple of early goals for The Famous and the chance to give the likes of Murdoch  a rest from the hour mark would be a good evening's work here. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Dumbarton isn't a particularly happy hunting ground for us - we have tendency to produce an absolutely stinking performance in at least one of our two visits up here, Hopefully the previous encounter in which we gormlessly passed up about 17 chances in the second half has taken care of that.

A couple of early goals for The Famous and the chance to give the likes of Murdoch  a rest from the hour mark would be a good evening's work here. 

Jim Duff's giving us a 'Guard of Honour' as The Sons come out the tunnel on Tuesday evening. :P

Thinking we will line up something like;

Gats

Doyle Oware Luca Russell.

Tidser Murdoch Harkins Ross.

Tiffoney

Oliver.

Subs- Lamie, Brennan, McHugh. Strapp and a few kids.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lamie instead of Russell at left back but Duffy might prefer Russell as he is more attacking and we should have more of the ball in their half.

Tidser needs to start for sure.

Just now, madton said:

Gats

Tiffoney

Oliver.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lamie instead of Russell at left back but Duffy might prefer Russell as he is more attacking and we should have more of the ball in their half.

Iredale injured?

I actually don't think our team will be as fucked as we think.  We have Liam Dick, Andy Stirling, Kevin Nisbet and Aidan Wilson who all didn't play at the weekend and are fully fit. Match preview has Walsh and Wardrop as "doubtful" which suggest to me a late decision will be made on them (having Wardrop back would be huge). Add in the fact players like Burt and Froxylias only really played 30-35 minutes and we shouldn't have too many blowing out their arses tonight (I would hope). Dougie Hill nursing knocks but he's been doing that all season and still been fine.

We actually have a huge amount of options now, I have no fucking idea where/who Stevie plans on playing if they're all available. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Gats

Tiffoney

Oliver.

Was watching the highlights of the Queens game. The amount of times Russell got caught in possession was alarming. Lamie must come in at LB. 

Archived