Today’s scores

dr lector

It was a shame to see Haldane go, did they not get a new Clubhouse facility opened up at their ground a couple of years back?

There sunday team and youth sides are still going strong. Not 100% sure what happened to the Saturday team as enjoyed alot of success and had decent team.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No where near being smug !!
This is being Smug !
We are the only team in ayrshire still in the scottish
Our players play for pride not ££££££
We are one of the best supported amateur teams.
We have the best player in amateur football,
We have the most decorated player in amateur football.
We don't create our own trophy and invite shite teams to enter, so that we are guaranteed a cup lol
Having said that we respect all teams and don't take anything for granted.

Genuine question, can you let me know what Cup they’ve created and how they go about inviting teams to enter?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Graham3179 said:

Genuine question, can you let me know what Cup they’ve created and how they go about inviting teams to enter?

Thanks

That’s probably aimed at hurlford thistle. Theres a cup in ayrshire that’s called the thistle bar trophy. 

also took in this game ..shortless won because  of 2 things 1  knapp and did not give silly free kicks at the edge of the box . 2 ..so done there home work ..as they knew the oban player is very good at  free kicks.. 

That's 3 things you've mentioned mate [emoji23]

That’s probably aimed at hurlford thistle. Theres a cup in ayrshire that’s called the thistle bar trophy. 

That particular cup has been going for years, only recently being renamed the thistle bar trophy due to the thistle bar sponsoring it ! The cup has nothing to do with hurlford other than they share the same sponsor! They also do not invite any teams into it. That's selected by the Ayrshire select.

15 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

That particular cup has been going for years, only recently being renamed the thistle bar trophy due to the thistle bar sponsoring it ! The cup has nothing to do with hurlford other than they share the same sponsor! They also do not invite any teams into it. That's selected by the Ayrshire select.

Why come shortlees aren’t in the thistle cup tho instead there in the James Scott? Ave always wondered 

47 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Yip thats right but I still think thats whats being referred to. Maybe the person who said it doesn’t know what there talking about? I dunno

37 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Why come shortlees aren’t in the thistle cup tho instead there in the James Scott? Ave always wondered 

What a ludicrous statement. Ayrshire amateurs isn't just about Hurlford Thistle and Shortlees. Why you asking why Shortlees aren't in it? If that's the case why aren't you asking why all the other teams in the James Scott aren't in it? It only became the Thistle Bar Trophy in the last couple off years and Shortlees weren't in it before that either. 

A thought the James Scott was north Ayrshire and the thistle bar was south and east awryt,so nothing ludicrous about the statement,so I ask why are they in James Scott and not the thistle bar,or whatever it was called before it,maybe I didn’t word it right in the first place

59 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

You no a helluva lot about hurlford thistle. Why did there game get called of at weekend ? Seems a we bit strange to me as they seem to be a team for the past few years who's home games were always on the always had 4g parks booked at home as there old home ground was never playable? Just a we question as you seem to no a lot about them mate.

There are plenty of south and east Ayrshire teams in the north Ayrshire cup and has been for some while. I don't think

there has been an exact split for years, infact if Shortlees beat ardrossan on Saturday then that will be Shortlees new Farm and Stewarton all from east Ayrshire all in the semis of the "north Ayrshire cup" ! Let's be honest u were implying Shortlees were being kept out the thistle cup to allow hurlford a better chance to win it. Being in a separate cup did allow Shortlees a trophy last season right enough

3 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

There are plenty of south and east Ayrshire teams in the north Ayrshire cup and has been for some while. I don't there there has been an exact split for years,

Aw ryt,a had never really noticed before,

just had quick look,north Ayrshire plus everything up to bellfield roundabout in James Scott,hurlford onwards plus Sean fenwick in thistle bar

7 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Aw ryt,a had never really noticed before,

just had quick look,north Ayrshire plus everything up to bellfield roundabout in James Scott,hurlford onwards plus Sean fenwick in thistle bar

So is onthank, craigie, kilmarnock and dean fenwick all in thistle bar?

5 minutes ago, Wiseoldman said:

You no a helluva lot about hurlford thistle. Why did there game get called of at weekend ? Seems a we bit strange to me as they seem to be a team for the past few years who's home games were always on the always had 4g parks booked at home as there old home ground was never playable? Just a we question as you seem to no a lot about them mate.

There are more teams playing on astro than ever before. It's literally dog eat dog too get one booked. If you don't train on the facility you have next too no chance and if you do, you need to set your alarm for 6 in the morning to send an e-mail. It only really used to be 3 or 4 of us who booked them all the time, now theres about 9 or 10 and if we are all at home on a Saturday then it's pot luck so am guessing that's why Thistle's game was scheduled for Blair Park 

3 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I have no idea I asked the same question. My theory is that they were missing one or two of their 12k strike force. Be assured there isn't a team In the ammies I despise more than hurlford. That doesn't mean I don't like to give my opinions on things I think are wrong.

12k strike force jeezoo you being serious? Who the hell are they it must be some strike force at that price.

Archived