Forfar vs Stranraer

Clearly the fans of both sides aren’t looking forward to this game much with no thread made yet.

We’ll be much changed again due to suspension, be interesting to see how Jim shuffles everyone about.

Hopefully Easton starts, was completely baffled with his exclusion from the starting 11 last week.

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win. [emoji1303]

Two weeks since our very poor performance against East Fife a think the players will be wanting this game to come asap. Heard they had a very intense training session in glasgow on saturday. 

Forfar never a easy team to beat at station park so will be difficult. 

Hope to see thommo back in the middle of the park to tighting things up. Maybe change the wingers with another game on Tuesday night against Arbroath. 

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

We have gotten into a habit of starting games brightly then going all to pot after 10 minutes or so.
Should've/could've taken something from last week's game, we badly need Hilson back to give us something up front.

Correct. Bright start for the first 10 at Alloa, and great pressure for the last 10, in between -

Hurst & Aitken partneship needs game time to gel. Too far apart most of the time, though they both put in a good shift I thought, especially Matty.

Eddie looked knackered, after 20 mins or so of the 1st half, on the left of midfield. The young lad Dingwall seemed lost on the right side, not sure whether to go forward or help at the back. Did better in the closing stages in a more central rôle.

At the back - Bain & Trav gave their usual 100%. Darren was left trying to deal with 2 Alloa lads, on more than one occaision, due to lack of help from midfield, especially in the first half.

One thing I didn't care for was Andy Munro gobbing off at anybody within earshot. Where was he for the goal? I don't know if someone had a word in his shell-like at half time but he wasn't doing nearly as much complaining/shouting in the second period. 

As you say Hilson back would be a big plus but with the suspensions tomorrow ... heaven knows.:( 

All IMHO.

Correct. Bright start for the first 10 at Alloa, and great pressure for the last 10, in between -
Hurst & Aitken partneship needs game time to gel. Too far apart most of the time, though they both put in a good shift I thought, especially Matty.
Eddie looked knackered, after 20 mins or so of the 1st half, on the left of midfield. The young lad Dingwall seemed lost on the right side, not sure whether to go forward or help at the back. Did better in the closing stages in a more central rôle.
At the back - Bain & Trav gave their usual 100%. Darren was left trying to deal with 2 Alloa lads, on more than one occaision, due to lack of help from midfield, especially in the first half.
One thing I didn't care for was Andy Munro gobbing off at anybody within earshot. Where was he for the goal? I don't know if someone had a word in his shell-like at half time but he wasn't doing nearly as much complaining/shouting in the second period. 
As you say Hilson back would be a big plus but with the suspensions tomorrow ... heaven knows.[emoji20] 
All IMHO.
Munro had a real pop at Travis and rightly so. Two or three times in the first half he came way out of central defence to win headers and was beaten on every occasion leaving us exposed at the back.
He didn't do it in the second half, might be the reason Munro wasn't shouting.
Aye, Munro to blame for the goal, hope Travis gave him an earful for that.

I thought Malone looked lost rather than knackered, no idea where he was meant to be playing and neither did he.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

2 wins and there will be a few teams sucked back in to the myre......2 losses and it's goodnight Vienna hello Berwick

Weir is fire proof and he knows it. Even if we lose the next 11 games he WILL be our Manager next season. This fact allows him to continue his petty vandetta against our most experienced and highest paid midfielder just to show who is boss.

If Scott McBride does not start tomorrow I'm OUT.

2 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Weir is fire proof and he knows it. Even if we lose the next 11 games he WILL be our Manager next season. This fact allows him to continue his petty vandetta against our most experienced and highest paid midfielder just to show who is boss.

If Scott McBride does not start tomorrow I'm OUT.

What vandetta does Weir have against Millar?

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Would like to see Peters & Hurst start up top together, Peters looked good when he came on last week at Alloa & Hurst looked to have came into the game a bit more when Peters came on before he got hooked for that hopeless MacIver!

Next week what combination will it be i wonder...:lol:

Archived