F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Why have the changed the race start time to 10 mins past the hour?

From the F1 website

Some broadcasters usually go on air precisely on the hour, hence missing the tension and emotion that characterize the minutes before the start of each Grand Prix. Thanks to this change, television viewers will be brought closer to the teams and the drivers and fully enjoy the spectacle offered just before the red lights go out.

Can we start the conspiracy theories that Haas just helped out their engine supplier? [emoji14] 
Thats happening right now by the hamilton fans,i believe andrew benson is leading the charge [emoji1]

Seems a bit daft that under a VSC there is no other speed limit in the pit lane. So basically if you are a second behind a car under the VSC you can jump in the pitlane, drive right through and come out ahead as you are faster than the guy in front?

Seems a bit daft that under a VSC there is no other speed limit in the pit lane. So basically if you are a second behind a car under the VSC you can jump in the pitlane, drive right through and come out ahead as you are faster than the guy in front?
It is but if it was the other way around instead of the tears streaming down croftys face he would be proclaiming it as the best tactical move ever

Toto Wolff really is a dummy spitting whining c*nt , is always someone else's fault when mercedes get beat. So this time it was a 'computer system' that has done them , not the person that programmed it or everyone else not spotting that they wouldn't have enough gap to cover better. Pathetic !

It is but if it was the other way around instead of the tears streaming down croftys face he would be proclaiming it as the best tactical move ever

Yup. Ask Crofty on Twitter is tremendous, Hamilton fans in full on meltdown wanting the rules changed.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Yup. Ask Crofty on Twitter is tremendous, Hamilton fans in full on meltdown wanting the rules changed.

Andrew Benson claiming that a pit stop under VSC conditions is 10 seconds quicker than a pit stop under normal racing conditions. I would’ve thought that they would take the same amount of time and it only seems quicker as the other cars as going slower than you while you are in the pits.

Andrew Benson claiming that a pit stop under VSC conditions is 10 seconds quicker than a pit stop under normal racing conditions. I would’ve thought that they would take the same amount of time and it only seems quicker as the other cars as going slower than you while you are in the pits.
As I'm blocked for calling Benson a fan boy I'm pleased to see hear of his rage and him and the rest of Hamilton fanboys are in meltdown. Could you imagine roles reversed it would've been a masterstroke by the mercs

10 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:
3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

As I'm blocked for calling Benson a fan boy I'm pleased to see hear of his rage and him and the rest of Hamilton fanboys are in meltdown. Could you imagine roles reversed it would've been a masterstroke by the mercs

I’m a Hamilton fan but I don’t see the point in blaming anyone or saying Vettel cheated. Being lucky is part of the sport, either using a Safety Car to your advantage or when to switch tyres in changing weather conditions. I sure wasn’t complaining back in 2008 when Lewis “got lucky” on the final corner to win his first title. :P 

Archived