F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Sainz to McLaren for 2019.

Most likely then that Pierre Gasly will get promoted from the Junior Red Bull team into the vacant seat left by Ricciardo at Red Bull.  

Only question is do McLaren keep Vandoorne for next season or replace him with Lando Norris?

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Most likely then that Pierre Gasly will get promoted from the Junior Red Bull team into the vacant seat left by Ricciardo at Red Bull.  

Only question is do McLaren keep Vandoorne for next season or replace him with Lando Norris?

Hopefully Norris gets a decent seat as I’ve heard promising things about him. Would McLaren be a good move for him if they will be at the back end of the grid?

Imo, he's not setting the heather alight in F2, but he is very consistent.
Although it's worth remembering Vandoorne walked to the gp2 title in LeClerc fashion.

Nyk Dear Vreis has been with McLaren for a while and shouldn't be ruled out. The oranje pound [emoji6] may come into the decision.

15 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Hopefully Norris gets a decent seat as I’ve heard promising things about him. Would McLaren be a good move for him if they will be at the back end of the grid?

Might not be to bad for him, McLaren aren't going to be at the front of the grid so the pressure for podiums is off while they aren't going to be dead last so still more than competitive for top 10's if he is as good as he thinks he is.  

15 hours ago, Jeek said:

Imo, he's not setting the heather alight in F2, but he is very consistent.
Although it's worth remembering Vandoorne walked to the gp2 title in LeClerc fashion.

Nyk Dear Vreis has been with McLaren for a while and shouldn't be ruled out. The oranje pound emoji6.png may come into the decision.

He's driving for the championship imo, not taking the chance and very much like Prost did, would take 3rd place rather than risk it all for 2nd, he's comfortably out performing his teammate in the same car.

He's driving for the championship imo, not taking the chance and very much like Prost did, would take 3rd place rather than risk it all for 2nd, he's comfortably out performing his teammate in the same car.
If you look at championship standings then he is way ahead. However sette camara has had a lot of reliability probli where Norris hasn't had any.... Other than not being able to get the car off the line. When you look at the times both drivers have finished, Norris has finished ahead 6/10.

He's a good driver, but I'm not sure he deserves the Sky f1 fawning.

Also Sette-camara is partly responsible for one of the best finishes to a race I've ever seen at the Macau GP this year;

If you look at championship standings then he is way ahead. However sette camara has had a lot of reliability probli where Norris hasn't had any.... Other than not being able to get the car off the line. When you look at the times both drivers have finished, Norris has finished ahead 6/10.

He's a good driver, but I'm not sure he deserves the Sky f1 fawning.

Also Sette-camara is partly responsible for one of the best finishes to a race I've ever seen at the Macau GP this year;

What about that hairpin first spotted at 2.40? Tight.

Once again Hamilton showed his class today.  No doubt some people will claim he got lucky with the track conditions but for him to be 3 seconds ahead of the rest on the final run before Vettel did his last lap and then 0.7 clear of Vettel in the end he has just blitzed the competition again.  Ocon was quicker than Hamilton in Sector 1 of the last run and 3 seconds down by the end of the Sector 2.

I really want Vettel to win the championship this year but Hamilton continues to impress.

Archived