F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utterly horrible accident, amazing that nobody was killed.
She tweeted about it shortly after! Mental that people survive crashes like that, never mind MOSTLY unscathed. I realise that she has a spinal injury, but still.

The bad luck involved in that accident is incredible. If she'd bounced higher off the kerb she'd have gone into the fencing (whether it would have held is a different matter) and if she bounced lower it would have just been a big shunt between two cars,

Here's a tweet of some differing angles, the slightly zoomed in one.... Jesus wept

14 minutes ago, Jeek said:

The bad luck involved in that accident is incredible.

Bit of good luck as well - she could have taken the head off the other driver, gone into the fence lower right into a marshal or higher directly into the photographers. Crashing backwards is probably better than forwards as well. Slow motion:

Also, they really needs to invest in light boards around the circuit like in F1 so you have fewer marshals in harms way.

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:
20 hours ago, drs said:
f**k me!
That's a bloomin lucky escape for everyone behind the barriers.
They are saying she is conscious, has a spinal fracture but her vital signs are stable.

Different angle from the one I posted further up, but it looks as if she hasn't slowed down at all for the corner.

Probably went in the air before the braking point.

Just now, peasy23 said:
On 19/11/2018 at 09:00, welshbairn said:
Indeed.
XCpIL9yu_400x400.jpg&key=8153895b7c07dbfc1ff020194e5d7311d850cf6ebd72fd0b8a91bcd15702b82f

They showed a wee bit this morning on BBC breakfast of her walking out of hospital yesterday.

That's incredible, it's unbelievable how well protected the drivers are nowadays. 

That's incredible, it's unbelievable how well protected the drivers are nowadays. 
She is in a neck brace, but the fact she is up and about at all is incredible. I was watching the F1 race on Sunday and my daughter was convinced Hulkenberg was going to be badly hurt, right away I told her he would be fine. She was amazed that he was able to talk on the radio within seconds of tumbling over a couple of times, never mind walk away a few minutes later.

Archived