F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

Whilst it is racing, he's still a back marker against someone. I don't think it is unreasonable for Verstappen to close the door particularly when it is not for position. That said he had more to lose... 

Reminds me of Senna v Irvine back in the day! At least it added some excitement. Would be interesting to know if Ocon would have done the same against Mercedes drivers....

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Sirotkin and Hartley still waiting.

Normally I'd say keep Hartley so there's continuity at Toro Rosso but Kyvat will bring experience next season, might allow a young driver to come in. Though I'm not sure which drivers on the Red Bull programme have enough points for a super licence.

I think Albon is still rumour at the moment. Hartley hasn't been completely useless but he's been outperformed and definitely doesn't look like he'll ever be good enough to drive for Red Bull, which is the whole point of that team. That said, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he was retained, they don't seem to have a queue of youngsters chapping at the door currently. Kvyat coming back is an odd one as well. He was honking after he got demoted, but up until his scrapes with Vettel (which were blown out of all proportion imo) he was doing a good job. He definitely has something to offer and he's still very young but I didn't think Toro Rosso would touch him, and I didn't think he'd go back there. 

The one guy that's really been blown out of the water this season is Vandoorne, his record against Alonso is embarrassing and he's a stick-on to go out in Q1 at every race. Qualified last quite a few times. 

Interesting, although if you're being out qualified by your teammate 25 odd races in a row, whether you're at the front or the back I'd argue you don't deserve that seat. Even if your teammate is Fernando Alonso. 

I'm not really a big fan of isolating qualifying performances, I think Vandoorne is better than some of the folk that still have a drive.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I'm not really a big fan of isolating qualifying performances, I think Vandoorne is better than some of the folk that still have a drive.

He's not comically bad or anything, he doesn't make many errors, keeps out of trouble, I just think he's out of his depth in Formula 1 and simply not quick enough. Admittedly it's tough to gauge in that shitbox McLaren up against a double world champion. I'm sure he'll go on to success wherever he ends up, be it Indycar or WEC or wherever. Be interesting to see how he does in Formula E this year. But I think McLaren made the right decision letting him go although whether Sainz and Norris were the right people to bring in we'll see. I hope so. 

Thing is with F1 these days it seems difficult to be able to tell any young drivers potential abilities as the formula is so heavily car performance restricted. Overbearing and restrictive regulations stifle individual racecraft and character on track as well. Obviously you will get the odd driver that shows their abilities but imo you don't get extremely talented drivers outdriving their machinery anymore such like Herbert finishing 4th on his debut or Alesi performing miracles in a Tyrrell.

f**k me!

That's a bloomin lucky escape for everyone behind the barriers.

They are saying she is conscious, has a spinal fracture but her vital signs are stable.

f**k me!
That's a bloomin lucky escape for everyone behind the barriers.
They are saying she is conscious, has a spinal fracture but her vital signs are stable.
Different angle from the one I posted further up, but it looks as if she hasn't slowed down at all for the corner.

Archived