F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

It's actually been a pretty poor season, even when the title battle was actually a battle. The tyres are absolutely terrible. They were talking about how Verstappen might not try and overtake the Mercedes' at the start because he wouldn't want to risk destroying the tyres. Pirelli need to sort it out or step aside as it's not been good enough from them.

It's also not entertaining when the Red Bulls come through the field and I'm fed up of being told to be impressed by it.

To be fair to pirelli they're just making a tyre to order. I've no doubt they could build a tyre that could be pushed to the max for the whole race but the rule makers want tyres that have very specific characteristics, all a bit artificial for my liking.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually been a pretty poor season, even when the title battle was actually a battle. The tyres are absolutely terrible. They were talking about how Verstappen might not try and overtake the Mercedes' at the start because he wouldn't want to risk destroying the tyres. Pirelli need to sort it out or step aside as it's not been good enough from them.

It's also not entertaining when the Red Bulls come through the field and I'm fed up of being told to be impressed by it.

The top 3 are so far ahead that it’s embarrassing and even then there is a fair distance between each of that top 3 individually.

Vettel starts 8th (or 9th I can’t remember) moves up to the front and then ends up getting a spin and going back down to 18th.....he really shouldn’t be able to come back through the pack like that from that spot.

Vettel hit with a 3 position grid penalty for failing to slow down under the red flag earlier on today.
He really is his own worst enemy. Granted, the title is lost this year already, but what a mess he's made of it this season.

This Channel 4 coverage is full jos
"Why are people moaning about us covering Hamilton, he's amazing and being British we don't celebrate great people enough"

I try and avoid channel 4’s coverage, coulthard’s overuse of the word “neutralise” does my tits in

1 minute ago, JamesP_81 said:

Is it up for consideration why Hamilton went from nearly 2 seconds behind when the vsc started but closed to 0.2?

No as you don’t have to stay within a certain distance behind a car, it’s the earliest time of arrival which means the gaps will fluctuate during the lap - can be ten seconds ahead at one point, five seconds ahead a few corners later.

Hamilton pits, this just got interesting.

Archived