F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

To think Ocon is losing his seat for this moron. Only a drive through penalty, getting off lightly IMO.
Ocon is losing his seat through a combination of unfortunate factors.

Let's not start saying Perez is a crap driver as it's simply not true.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could understand his moaning if he was underneath the gearbox of the car in front but he was miles behind.

I don’t mind Bottas. He’s OK, but had to laugh at Toto talking about others lacking balls in failing to sign up Ocon. If Toto had any, Esteban would be in a Merc next season. It would be perfect timing with Gasly and Leclerc making the step up.

I don’t mind Bottas. He’s OK, but had to laugh at Toto talking about others lacking balls in failing to sign up Ocon. If Toto had any, Esteban would be in a Merc next season. It would be perfect timing with Gasly and Leclerc making the step up.

Think Bottas was re-signed before the expected Renault deal for Ocon fell apart. Obviously Mercedes want to stand by the deal as buying Bottas out of his contract would be pretty humiliating for him.

48 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Think Bottas was re-signed before the expected Renault deal for Ocon fell apart. Obviously Mercedes want to stand by the deal as buying Bottas out of his contract would be pretty humiliating for him.

The only option Ocon has is to take a backseat for Mercedes and be their reserve/test driver next season and get the second seat in 2020.

The only option Ocon has is to take a backseat for Mercedes and be their reserve/test driver next season and get the second seat in 2020.
Alonso did after driving for Minardi and won for Renault after coming back. It's only a setback if he doesn't get the seat in 2020.

To be honest I still wouldn't completely rule him out of getting a seat for next year.

I don't really like Horner, but he's not wrong when he says that Red bull avoid the problem by investment in a b team. Even now with a bit of a lack of talent, there's plenty of drivers they could he in there. Markelov on loan maybe?

Should be said. I hate that there are B teams. Haas annoy me more than most too!

9 hours ago, IainMorton said:

He should be shown a black flag, looks like he moved towards the Williams way before the corner.

Agree, that was a black flag all day long. Ridiculous driving.

That's the title over now, the lap yesterday probably clinched it. I think this is probably Hamilton's best title.

9 hours ago, David W said:

Agree, that was a black flag all day long. Ridiculous driving.

That's the title over now, the lap yesterday probably clinched it. I think this is probably Hamilton's best title.

The last few years Hamilton has stepped up to another level when the season is coming to an end, and nobody can keep up with him. 22 wins away from Schumacher, a record people thought was beyond reach but it looks like Lewis is going to catch and beat that record if he keeps up this form.

The last few years Hamilton has stepped up to another level when the season is coming to an end, and nobody can keep up with him. 22 wins away from Schumacher, a record people thought was beyond reach but it looks like Lewis is going to catch and beat that record if he keeps up this form.

He’s on another level at the moment. Certainly the best form of his career. Though this has coincided with one of Vettels worst. I hope and expect Leclerc to give him the kick up the arse needed because as much as I like Kimi, he’s been pretty average for the last decade or so.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hamilton fans love to moan about Ferrari team orders - wonder how today's race will sit with them.

Flip it the other way round and you have Ferrari making Barrichello and Massa move over for Schumacher and Alonso which is no problem (according to them...), yet Bottas moving over for Hamilton is a disgrace. Can’t have it both ways.

Archived