F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

That was very entertaining, especially since I managed to avoid the result before the C4 highlights. It was very satisfying to see Vettel bin it after all his whingeing when he was behind Raikkonen.

Old Bernie might have been on the money when he suggested that F1 tracks should have sprinklers.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Esteban Ocon is said to be close to joining Renault for next season

Force India could go into administration if enough funding isn't found.

Word around the campfire suggests that Lance Stroll could use the might of his financial backing to jump ship from Williams to Force India for next season.

It seems as if Force India have been hit with a winding up order, after legal proceeding brought forward by Perez over unpaid debts.  It's not likely  to affect them this weekend in terms of putting out a car, however you'll fell they'll favor Ocon over Perez now.

In the meanwhile, sports energy company Rich Energy (no, I've not seen their products in the drink chiller either) claim they were ready to shove £30 million into the team.......

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:12, Snafu said:

Esteban Ocon is said to be close to joining Renault for next season

Sainz handily putting in a good performance the week its rumoured he's getting the tin tack. I hope FI survive but I'd rather there was a budget cap than Stroll and his Dad can buy their way into another seat.

Sainz handily putting in a good performance the week its rumoured he's getting the tin tack. I hope FI survive but I'd rather there was a budget cap than Stroll and his Dad can buy their way into another seat.
Sainz is under a red bull contract and is only on a "loan" to Renault its a strange one

4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Some wrong at RBR as doesn’t happen with all the other Renault engine powered cars.

A cynical person would suggest this is Renault getting revenge for being slagged off for the last few years and RBR moving to Honda...

Archived