Clyde Vs Cowdown

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

After lasts weeks tool of a referee and his 13 cards, it looks like yet another yellow card loving useless c**t today, David Dickinson.

could he not have stuck to fake tan and selling antiques ?

Hope he is not "a bit of a duffer" and Cowden put in "a real Bobby Dazzler" of a performance.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, onecowden said:

The stats back that up. Cowdenbeath 0 shots on or off. We really are the shitiest of shite.

I think your team have set up for a 0-0. To be fair, Clyde are passing the ball about well but we’ve not had many clear cut chances at all.

57 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

It's just getting ridiculously embarrassing now. Clyde one nil up

We can't muster a shot on goal never mind scoring one to try and win a game. 

Why don't we play 4-3-3? Put 4 upfront in fact. It doesn't work as it is. What's the risk?

Fuckin' love it.

First-half was Berwick all over again. No prospect of either side scoring. Two lines of five pitted against each other. Game stuck in the middle third. Exactly the sort of thing we ought to have expected. Interestingly, the point Berwick took at Peterhead today will almost certainly have come as a result of them replicating the approach they took to playing us last week. Goodie's fortunate penalty was the only difference.

The second-half differed along two simple lines. One: our sheer quality. Two: that we got a goal early-on and, in doing so, put the wind-up Cowden's plan, forcing them to open up a bit.

I thought Lennon picked a great team. Not quite the one I would've, but given the absolute anti-threat Cowdenbeath are, and given how much more solid we are with a line of five, a really good team. Nicoll, McStay. Brilliant, brilliant performances. Where's a midfielder like McStay been for the last ten years? Boy's got the lot. Nicoll: Davy Crockett again. My MOTM.

What really got us the goal, where we wouldn't haven't got it at Berwick, was having Boyle, Lamont, McStay and Goodwillie on the pitch from the start. All those full-time boys, plus the quality Goodie and McStay bring... There's not many team in this league will stand-up to that for 90 minutes. Even if they set-up to frustrate, like Cowdenbeath did.

Defence had nothing to do, and done virtually everything with good composure. Usual wastefulness down the sides but Boyle, McStay and Lamont's speed, intricacy, work-rate and space-finding through the middle eventually broke it up. Really, really solid and comfortable home win. Great to be able to expect that kind of thing now.

If we continue to play our cards right, get those full-time boys out in the midweek games, we could definitely have a stab at fourth. No doubt in my mind. It'll take some really good, considered team picks. But we can do it. Stirling's going to be a sterner test next week, and Home and McNiff aren't going to have the easy-ride they've had the past fortnight. Be a really interesting one to watch that, see if we continue with the same team, and see if it (still) wins. 

January 10th 2004. That was the date that marked our last five league wins in a row. 14+ years of despair put in check. Get the Danny statue up. WAC.

Most teams do that against Edinburgh and Berwick. We were lucky to do the latter. And only nicked the former.

It'd be madness to assume an easy three points here, notwithstanding how bad you think you lot are.

We don’t think we are bad, we know. It’s quite simply the worst Cowden side I have ever seen.

Just now, onecowden said:

We don’t think we are bad, we know. It’s quite simply the worst Cowden side I have ever seen.

Aye, I'm sorry to say it, but it's the worst I've seen too. Hard to see it getting turned around. That stuffy approach might get you a point here and there, but it's threes you're needing on the board, not ones. Murder. But we've been there. Just lucky it was before the pyramid, in our case.

I don't understand the logic of the Cowdenbeath management.

They need wins. Lots of wins. Why not play attacking football. Go all out and try to score more than the opposition.

It may not work but at least their support would have some excitement during the match.

Playing for 0-0 and losing narrowly makes for both no points and boring football for their fans.

If you're going down, at least do it in a blaze of glory.

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I don't understand the logic of the Cowdenbeath management.

They need wins. Lots of wins. Why not play attacking football. Go all out and try to score more than the opposition.

It may not work but at least their support would have some excitement during the match.

Playing for 0-0 and losing narrowly makes for both no points and boring football for their fans.

If you're going down, at least do it in a blaze of glory.

We couldn’t score against a team without a keeper.

Archived