Clyde Vs Cowdown

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll need to be careful of Cowdenbeath setting-up as Berwick did last week. That is, to frustrate. And we'll also have to make sure we don't repeat the mistake we made against Edinburgh. That was, shaping-up to keep it tight while filling-out the team disproportionately with players who'll shift up the park rapidly, leaving masses of space behind them, into which Edinburgh could run with only the lethargic trio of Nicoll, Home and McNiff as a deterrent.

We will, justifiably, go out with a 4-5-1 again. Kipre's injury means a 4-4-2 wouldn't be worth the punt. I still want it tried ASAP but it's understandable that we're cautious in moving from a five-man midfield. We've got the players for a good back four. That problem is history. Taking the plunge on a four man midfield isn't so promising a bet.

We can argue the toss on the defence. It's clear that Lang's going to be a right-back until we - everyone else but me - grow weary of his inability in the other team's half. The midfield's more important for this one, to my mind. Though it'll still pain me that Cogill and Lang can't pair up in defence. But for the midfield, Millar can't start. If we could get Nicoll and Grant on together, that'd give us a good base. Both of them will keep the game in front of them. Three out of McStay, Lamont, Boyle, Martin and Cuddihy would do for the remaining spots. Probably best to take the quickest three out of them. We'll need that to support Goodie; guts me seeing how isolated he still is. Think about it: he's scoring for fun from crumbs. Imagine what he'd do with good service.

We'll need to be careful of Cowdenbeath setting-up as Berwick did last week. That is, to frustrate. And we'll also have to make sure we don't repeat the mistake we made against Edinburgh. That was, shaping-up to keep it tight while filling-out the team disproportionately with players who'll shift up the park rapidly, leaving masses of space behind them, into which Edinburgh could run with only the lethargic trio of Nicoll, Home and McNiff as a deterrent.

We will, justifiably, go out with a 4-5-1 again. Kipre's injury means a 4-4-2 wouldn't be worth the punt. I still want it tried ASAP but it's understandable that we're cautious in moving from a five-man midfield. We've got the players for a good back four. That problem is history. Taking the plunge on a four man midfield isn't so promising a bet.

We can argue the toss on the defence. It's clear that Lang's going to be a right-back until we - everyone else but me - grow weary of his inability in the other team's half. The midfield's more important for this one, to my mind. Though it'll still pain me that Cogill and Lang can't pair up in defence. But for the midfield, Millar can't start. If we could get Nicoll and Grant on together, that'd give us a good base. Both of them will keep the game in front of them. Three out of McStay, Lamont, Boyle, Martin and Cuddihy would do for the remaining spots. Probably best to take the quickest three out of them. We'll need that to support Goodie; guts me seeing how isolated he still is. Think about it: he's scoring for fun from crumbs. Imagine what he'd do with good service.

Bit harsh on Lang he has played well at right back (not his natural position ) and he hasn't been at the club that long , agree i would like him at centre half , but at the moment he is the best right back we have duffie still looks off the pace and to be fair the defence has tightened up last couple of weeks . Think we have to be positive today we are playing the bottom team in the league should be a good turnout and Lennon has great options from the bench, wouldn't start Millar been hooked last three games Martin in for him and someone right behind DGW Boyle or Mcstay, what a difference from six weeks ago

3 0 to the Clyde

Overthinking overload here. Just do what every other team does against us. Turn up, play and win. Simple.

18 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Overthinking overload here. Just do what every other team does against us. Turn up, play and win. Simple.

Most teams do that against Edinburgh and Berwick. We were lucky to do the latter. And only nicked the former.

It'd be madness to assume an easy three points here, notwithstanding how bad you think you lot are.

2 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Lennon said during the week that he sees Lang as being a right back, not a centre half. 

He also sees smart as being a left winger, not a striker. 

Doesn't do too well with his back to goal, Smart. Certainly scored and set up a few down that side with Annan and us (e.g. his burst and assist for Goodie at Ayr, even though it came as he played up top then). Played there against Albion Rovers in his first trial match and done better than most of the dross we had out then.

Funnily enough, he's never played better than against Lang (vs Stranraer). What a goal, too.

Archived